Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just build my 1st Hackintosh for video editing.
I would consider it a success but with some some issue.

Basically I build around the Gigabyte UP5-TH board (which cannot be found at SLS anymore, so I have to go Amazon to order) and the Corsair 600T casing.

The parts and it's relevant context in Singapore, I have listed at my website.

One thing I noted after the build is that the Corsair TX750M PSU attached cables are rather thick and difficult to use. New builder might want to look closer at the flexibility of PSU cables in their build, I can't imagine how to twist and turns these cables in a smaller casing.:crazy:

Hello! You can't imagine how happy I am to find this thread :)

Recently got very interested in this Hackintosh adventure and had a read about it on nofilmschool. He did provide a wishlist for the computer parts but the MoBo is out of stock. And since it's an Amazon list, I feel like it's not practical. I've never assembled a PC before and would like to know if anyone has done any upgrades to their parts since it's Aug 2013 now, and would be kind enough to share their list :D

I've been working on the Mac platform for motion graphics (After Effects and Cinema 4D) and I think it's high time I tried my hands at building my own monster machine.

tcwdoggy I've visited your blog and found that the MoBo you recommended is also out of stock, unfortunately. Would love to know if you know any alternatives?

Apologies if this had been a long read. Looking forward to your replies!

Hello! You can't imagine how happy I am to find this thread :)

Recently got very interested in this Hackintosh adventure and had a read about it on nofilmschool. He did provide a wishlist for the computer parts but the MoBo is out of stock. And since it's an Amazon list, I feel like it's not practical. I've never assembled a PC before and would like to know if anyone has done any upgrades to their parts since it's Aug 2013 now, and would be kind enough to share their list :D

I've been working on the Mac platform for motion graphics (After Effects and Cinema 4D) and I think it's high time I tried my hands at building my own monster machine.

tcwdoggy I've visited your blog and found that the MoBo you recommended is also out of stock, unfortunately. Would love to know if you know any alternatives?

Apologies if this had been a long read. Looking forward to your replies!

My advice would be to just wait a little longer for the Tonymac Haswell/Z87 buyer's guide to come out this Fall. Once
we have some confirmed working builds you'll be on your way to building a great CustoMac beast.

My advice would be to just wait a little longer for the Tonymac Haswell/Z87 buyer's guide to come out this Fall. Once
we have some confirmed working builds you'll be on your way to building a great CustoMac beast.

That's a good idea. On the other hand, I can count on shops to sell discounted ivy bridge MoBo since those Haswells are already out.

I'll probably need to read up on the Haswell and see if it's going to be a more beautiful CustoMac beast. :D

So I've decided to go for the 2011 socket and got the Sabertooth X79 with 3930K, ASUS GTX 680. I'm running Mavericks now. Pretty smooth installation fortunately!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back