Contribute
Register

First Hackintosh Build - NEED HELP!! Z87X-UD5H Intel i4770k 16GB RAM 240GB SANDISK SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha holy ****. ok so i did NOTHING between this and the last post, except that i believe i tried booting it from the USB drive again at the chimera screen, and left it there, thinking it would boot into the installation screen once again, but when i returned to it, it was the last part of the os x setup wizard. i completed it, and WAH-LAH! I BOOTED INTO MAVERICKS FOR THE FIRST TIME! I'm about to run multi-beast mavericks edition! hopefully it goes well! cross your fingers!

alright! :) so...

My Hackintosh is up and running! sort of... I'm writing this from the New "Mac Pro": my About This Mac shows 10.9.1 and I'm booting from the SSD! so thats good! but things are still a little buggy. i use the same HD monitor for both computers at the moment, and whenever switching back and forth on the inputs, the new mackintosh doesn't recognize the screen unless and unplug and replug the hdmi in. and when it does, although running in hi-res. it doesn't give me the full display options in Preferences. also, no sound through the hdmi or headphone jack, although at least the sound is enabled, as it was not before. i know there are probably specific kexts i need to install and then restart right? also, there are problems with iMessage and iCloud not signing in or communicating with the server properly. is this an internet issue i need to fix? because safari and everything else seems to be running fine... i do have the LAN cord connected tho i have yet to try it on the wifi. but all the icon including the bluetooth appear to be working fine and appearing in the status bar. how do i get my display options to work properly? i have at least like 2 other monitors i want to connect and have the system recognize correctly...

alright! :) so...

My Hackintosh is up and running! sort of... I'm writing this from the New "Mac Pro": my About This Mac shows 10.9.1 and I'm booting from the SSD! so thats good! but things are still a little buggy. i use the same HD monitor for both computers at the moment, and whenever switching back and forth on the inputs, the new mackintosh doesn't recognize the screen unless and unplug and replug the hdmi in. and when it does, although running in hi-res. it doesn't give me the full display options in Preferences. also, no sound through the hdmi or headphone jack, although at least the sound is enabled, as it was not before. i know there are probably specific kexts i need to install and then restart right? also, there are problems with iMessage and iCloud not signing in or communicating with the server properly. is this an internet issue i need to fix? because safari and everything else seems to be running fine... i do have the LAN cord connected tho i have yet to try it on the wifi. but all the icon including the bluetooth appear to be working fine and appearing in the status bar. how do i get my display options to work properly? i have at least like 2 other monitors i want to connect and have the system recognize correctly...

Frank....
If by Both Computers you mean a windows one and the hack why not dual boot the box. use a spare drive for this and install Windows to it.
See our section on Dual Booting.
That way no monitor change needed.
As to Issues w HDMI - a DSDT file is most likely whats needed
We have tools for buillding one see the DSDT section in the forum.
This helps if your planning to use sound over HDMI.
iMessage and iCloud are or can be related to network configuration. Again search is your friend.
As to other monitors see if you can find answers to your question on multiple monitors in the Video section.

As to other questions or getting answers for Mavericks you need to post a new question to Mavericks forum.
tote

Ok Tote, thank you. You do not need to respond to this, I am just writing this last post to not leave the thread unresolved for any future readers.

Alright official update:

I have been test driving the computer and mostly everything seems fine. There are a couple weird issues I'm worried about, and as long as they can't harm my components, then really I'm only concerned with resolving these issues and getting my new Hack Pro to 100%. :) So...

-In the activity monitor, it still is only showing info for 1 core I believe. If I have CPU usage for the dock Icon enabled, should it not display the activity of all four cores? It only displays 1 cpu meter.

-The displays preferences can still not output to 2 displays simultaneously. Whether I use 2 HDMI, 1 HDMI 1 DVI, 1 Displayport 1 hdmi etc... it doesn't matter. How can I enable full video function for all the video ports on my motherboard? (which was, after all, one reason I chose it.) Would purchasing a Graphics card/GPU make this easier? Should I get a different motherboard if I can't actually use all these ports? Or is there just something I can install through UniBeast to make all this possible? sound through HDMI?

-Bluetooth seems slightly sluggish at times. I got a 4.0 compatible bluetooth. how can this be?

-iMessage and occasional network connectivity issues.

So I read what you said about the DSDT file... that will help me fix all of those issues? I should build a custom DSDT from scratch custom tailored to my machine? if that is fairly explanatory, I am totally game, but in the guide, it said this motherboard didn't need any DSDT file, which was one reason I bought it, because it was portrayed as being slightly easier than others... what is the thing I am missing here? if I build a custom DSDT file will i be able to make it work like an exact Mac clone, how it should?

*also just worried about using only one core instead of all four. i know, maybe I'm just a novice. can anyone fill me in?

Your Z87 haswell board and CPU will never work any better than this running Snow Leopard. You are restricted because there is no native support in the SL kernel for your hardware - Apple stopped updating SL before the hardware was invented. Download and install Mavericks to take full advantage of your hardware.

yes Bald I am running Mavericks already, thank you. although I appreciate your help, you have obviously not read the thread of that would be apparent.

Just to clarify, the problems I am still having are on Mavericks, but I have resolved most of the issues: Dual Displays working. Sound working (not through HDMI) bluetooth and wifi working. CPU stats correctly displayed in activity monitor.

Still have connectivity issues with iMessage?

I believe this is all for now. oh yeah and something I need to learn about building a custom DSDT?

Just to clarify, the problems I am still having are on Mavericks, but I have resolved most of the issues: Dual Displays working. Sound working (not through HDMI) bluetooth and wifi working. CPU stats correctly displayed in activity monitor.

Still have connectivity issues with iMessage?

I believe this is all for now. oh yeah and something I need to learn about building a custom DSDT?

Everybody seems to be having problems with iMessage.
For the DSDT see the DSDT sub-forum - http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/

Since you are now on Mavericks, please post all further problems in the Mavericks forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back