Contribute
Register

First hackintosh! And I'm so close to complete success! RAMPAGE IV EXTEME

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm reaching here; but:

Did you do the AppleACPIPlatform Rollback; if not maybe try doing that? Which version of Mountain Lion are you running?

View attachment 50008

Hey boss, Nah didn't do that in MultiBeast.. I only ticked what shilohh had selected..

I am on Mountain Lion 10.3.0 i think? Whatever the latest was from the App store

I'll give it a try, It won't ruin my install or anything will it?

How do fonts appear on your monitor for you? Mine look crap, bold, fuzzy, and jagged edges.. Gives me a headache after a few minutes as it's very strenuous on the eyes. Compared to Windows 7/8 the look of the fonts are just disgusting.. For me anywya

So i'll try what you suggested and see if that rectifies the font issue and graphical issues..

In LuxMark it says that my GPU speed was max 704mHz lol.. :eek:

No, I have run with the rollback for months; it's not a problem. Fonts on my screen are extremely clear. I actually HATE booting into Windows because Mac font rendering is just SO superior. That's a common thread among Mac users.

Here is a side by side comparison of Firefox in Windows 8 vs. OS 10.8.3. Download and view at 100% size to really see the difference. I find Windows fonts way too contrasty and blocky looking. Apple tends to use smoother fonts and has less contrast in their LCD font rendering technology.

I'm sure some people prefer how Windows fonts render though; because everyone has their own preference :)

windows-mac_fonts.png

Yeah I see what you mean! I wish mine looked half that good on osx lol
I'm getting a kernel Panic now :( grrr

20130319_135317.jpg

I'm just going to re-install now and select the RollBack option in MultiBeast, and see how it all goes:banghead:

Now i can't even re-install, well i can but after i do my kext stuff, then multibeast it loads to the apple logo then it goes grey with a kernel panic error. Not sure why this is happening all of a sudden, considering i've re-installed about 3 times since i knew how to do it without a problem and now i can't :(

**EDIT**

I think i know why, i did not check NullCPUManagement in multibeast

So that could be the issue!

haha yeah, so i've noticed :p

I'm all back up and running as i should be now.. Just the graphics are crap still.. Nothing is accelerated at all, for example when i click the green +the animations are jerky as all hell and not a smooth transition.. Same with genie effect is quite jerky.. It's bugging me cause i really want it to be accelerated lol

have you had any luck mate?

Are you doing full clean (erase hard drive) re-installs? If so, would you mind running through my complete procedure exactly as written and telling me at what step the process breaks down?

It's a little different than what you have been doing -- I believe -- and I'm wondering if we might catch something. You would also be helping me out with a full test using NVidia. I recently did the procedure with an old NVidia card and everything worked perfectly (including hardware accelleration).

I'd recommend you do it with only a single drive connected to SATA, and no other devices, exactly as the guide says (every step is important). Your Unibeast stick was created with 10.8.3 and Unibeast - Mountain Lion 1.7.0, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back