Contribute
Register

First hackintosh! And I'm so close to complete success! RAMPAGE IV EXTEME

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you confirm the part number of your GPU:

02G-P4-2683-KR

It should be on the box or your receipt. Or you can look on the back of the card should be a sticker that has the 2683 number in it -- or let me know if a different one.

Which Ripjaw Z RAM part number are you using?

Mine says

026-P4-2683-B1
ripjaws are F3-17000CL9Q-16GBZH

Got one more thing to try.

Find:
/System/Library/Extensions/GeForceGLDriver.bundle/Contents/MacOS/libclh.dylib

Copy libclh.dylib to your desktop. Zip it and post it here. Download it once so it doesn't disappear after an hour.

Here you go mate :)

View attachment libclh.dylib.zip

Mine says

026-P4-2683-B1
ripjaws are F3-17000CL9Q-16GBZH

Here you go mate :)

View attachment 50125

The patch I was going to try is not applicable. Go ahead and delete the copy you made. Still at a loss. Again, is QE/CI working?

The patch I was going to try is not applicable. Go ahead and delete the copy you made. Still at a loss. Again, is QE/CI working?

How do i know if QE/CI is working? I looked online and it seems if you have a screensaver and it works then it is enabled?

I'm thinking that Heaven benchmark was producing low scores because it also uses DirectX 11 which mac osx doesn't have?

well in my pbootlist, it says

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>

should that be a yes? If it should be will i still be able to boot into desktop?

From my understanding if i enable GraphicsEnabler=Yes i will get full acceleration..

But with my card it looks like i can't use this option because, if i do i wont get any picture? :s
Wrong. Test if QE/CI is working.

Well i think it is mate.

I can play chess on it which from my understand is a way to test it..

Should i put graphicsenabler=Yes on instead of No?

If it's not, at least that's a place to start looking. I have no other advice as I've never owned a 6xx card.
GraphicsEnabler is a bootloader hack that allows cards that don't work with OSX to work. If you change it to Yes you probably won't be able to boot.

Well from looking online if you have a screensaver QE/CI is on, if you can open the chess game and move pieces QE/CI is on...

Dunno, maybe i'll download steam and test a game that's for mac and see how it performs

i wanted to test a hackintosh on this board.. I have another rampage iv extreme here with me that is still in it's box.. So i want to build another rig that is dedicated to mac OSX only and completely mod a case (haven't decided which yet) and go all out on it. And get 3 Ultra Sharp dell monitors for it etc.

But i do need graphics card horse power because i do a lot of work with AutoCad, 3Ds max, and AE6.. So the cuda cores really do help a lot with my rendering times.

So i would like to try and get a fair bit of horse power behind my work with a decent graphics card.. I understand that ATI do not help at all with those programs, So nvidia is really what i need.

So my new dedicated hackintosh system would consist of

Mobo: Rampage IV Extreme
CPU: i7 3820 or a 3930K
PSU: Corsair AX760 Platnium
RAM: Corsair Platinum 2400mhz 64gb
SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 512gb in raid 0 + 2x WD 2TB drives
COOLING: Full custom water cooling (including mobo, gpu, cpu)

the GPU? No friggin idea! I would go with another 600 series card, but if it performs like it does on my system atm it's worrying!

Ideally I am wanting to have 3x DELL UltraSharp 27" 1440p monitors running on 2 cards.. I understand that SLI doesn't work on mac, but i see someone who had an older nvidia 640 card ran 2 with an SLI strip over 3 monitors.

This is what i want to do!

But it seems' that nvidia cards run crap on a hackintosh :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back