1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Here's my build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K
MB: GA-H77N-WIFI

RAM: 8GB 1600Mhz DDR3

GFX: EVGA GeForce GTX 650

Storage: SATA 6Gb/s 120GB SSD (I have a TB hard drive in there too, but it's not hooked up for now)

Everything works perfectly when the graphics card is unplugged, but as soon as I plug it in I get stuck at the grey Apple logo screen. I've gotten a few different things from -v, but here's the most recent.

http://imgur.com/7RXVGJA

On my first boot off my Unibeast stick everything loaded up and the graphics card was properly detected, but it would never boot off the SSD after I ran Multibeast, even in safe mode (though it works fine without the card plugged in). Now it also won't boot off the stick. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

You didn't say which version of MacOS X you were installing, but I assume ML. After getting it working with the HD 4000 graphics, you need install the NVidia drivers (from their web support page) and change the entry in /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist so GraphicsEnabler=No
If you have 10.8.3 you may also need to turn off the HD4000 graphics in the BIOS (i.e. set to disabled) to get it to boot.

Yes, Mountain Lion, sorry. Already have it on 10.8.3. Which drivers specifically are you referring to? I can install this with no problem, but this one tells me that OS X already has the drivers installed, and won't let me proceed.

I haven't tried disabling the HD 4000 in BIOS. I'm basically reinstalling a fresh copy of Mountain Lion now, so I'll try that and report back. Thanks!

Sweet Jesus it worked. It's running off the card now, but doesn't seem to know what the card is. Just that it's some generic 3MB video card. It's also running at 1024x768, but definitely seems to be moving the right direction.

Thanks so much for the help! I've literally been fighting this thing all day.

Can't seem to get any further than this. I'm stuck with NVIDIA Chip Model 3MB graphics. The menubar is opaque, and it's drawing the desktop pretty poorly. What can I do to have it properly detect my card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back