Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z270MX-Gaming 5
CPU
Intel Core i5 6500 3.20 GHz Quad Core Skylake Desktop Processor
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GT 730 2GB DDR3 128bit DVI/HDMI/VGA Low Profile
Hello all,

First, let me echo what others say: this site is truly a marvel. The breadth of shared knowledge never ceases to amaze me. Nor does everyone's capacity to help each other through complicated issues.

Now for my hardware: I followed the recommended build as close as possible, and have the following components:
  • MOBO: Gigabyte Z270MX-Gaming 5
  • CPU: Core i5-6600K
  • Cooler: Zalman Low profile
  • Graphics Card: EVGA GeForce GT 730
  • RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8)
  • HD: Samsung EVO 500 GB
  • Wifi/BT: Fenvi Recommended card
  • PSU: Corsair SF 450
  • Case: BitFenix Phenom

I followed the installation thread to the letter, and have installed Sierra onto the HD and performed post-installation with MultiBeast.

Now for the known issues.

1. Unable to boot without USB inserted. If I boot from the Sierra HD with the USB inserted, things seem to go OK. However if I remove the USB and boot from the Sierra HD, I get about two thirds of the way through the boot up before my monitor seems to lose connection. The computer itself remains on. And like I said, if the USB is inserted, this doesn't happen.

2. Graphics / Resolution: as the screenshot shows, I am operating at a 1280x1024, and this leaves about an inch of unused monitor space on all sides of the window. I am fairly certain these components can do better than this.

Any advice on these issues would be GREATLY appreciated. I am very keen to get this machine working, and I am pretty sure that can happen with a little help from the community here.

Finally, if I need to provide more information on any point, please let me know. I am a mega-beginner in all things CustoMac, so it would not surprise me if I left out critical information.

THANK YOU!

Anyone???
If you are able to boot ok from the USB :

Boot from your USB and when you get to the desktop download and run EFI Mounter and mount the EFI partition of your USB.
Copy the entire /EFI folder from the EFI partition of your USB to the desktop.
Eject the USB.
Run EFI Mounter again and mount the EFI partition of your SSD.
Delete the entire /EFI folder from the EFI partition of your SSD.
Copy the /EFI folder from your desktop to the EFI partition of your SSD.
Restart
You should now be able to boot from your SSD in the same way that you could previously boot from your USB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back