Contribute
Register

First Build, music studio hackintosh: GA-Z87-HD3, intel i7 4770k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everyone, I am about to pull the trigger on some parts to build my first hack pro to be used mainly for music production (Logic x, Pro Tools 11). I would sure appreciate any input on the compatibility of my parts. Also i would like to install a PCI express card as part of my audio interface. Here's the List:

-Fractal Designs define R4 case
-Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3
-intel core i7 4770k quad core 3.5 GHz
-crucual ballistix 32 GB RAM
-samsung 840 evo 250 GB
-seagate barracuda 1TB HDD
-thermalright macho rev. A
-seasonic ssr 650rm atx 650watt
-MSI NVIDIA GeForce gtx 760 (necessary?)
-iogear bluetooth 4.0 adaptor
-corsair air series af120 led

The PCI card I would like to use is a Lynx Studio Technology AES16e PCI Express AES/EBU. I am very new to any sort of computer building, but i did a fair amount of research on the parts. Just wanted to hear from anyone with some experience before I go ahead and order everything. Thanks

I also build and running a Hackintosh with GA-Z87-D3HP, 16 GB GSkill Ripjaws, 2TB x 2 WD HDD, Intel Core i5 Haswell Processor, Cooler master AMMO 533 Cab and Extreme Power 650 SMPS. Running MAC OSX Maverics with Logic Pro 9 and Presonus Studio One. Using Apogee Duet Audio Interface through TEXAS INSTRUMENTS Firewire 800 Card. Successfully running and doing my music production. If you have anything to ask about the audio interface.. please clarify...

Sorry for not being to the point, but I am wondering how a separate PCIe card (Lynx AES PCIe) will work with this set up. It is just a PCI express card and there are empty PCIe slots on the mobo, so I guess it should be fine? Please excuse my noobiness.

can i ask if you considered the 4790k and why you decided to go with the 4770k? the prices seem almost the same.

thanks,
BabaG

-MSI NVIDIA GeForce gtx 760 (necessary?)

GTX760 not necessary unless you plan on editing video or playing the latest video games

Onboard graphics are fine for music production and have no adverse affects to my knowledge.

If you want a graphics card then a nVidia Geforce 640 would be enough, just pick a version that will run the number of displays that you wish to use.

Also please beware that some users have had iLok issues with there Hackintosh DAWs but if you follow the advice from BoomR in regard to this issue then hopefully, you should be good

http://www.tonymacx86.com/music/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back