Contribute
Register

First build for Photo Editing and a bit Video / 3D Editing - which graphic card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi Guys,

first of all, sorry for my bad english - I'm from Germany ;). I understand a lot, but it's hard for me to type clear sentences.

Till now I used a Mid 2010 Macbook Pro, but it's exhausting to do all the Photoshop stuff with this little machine ;)

I need my new Hackintosh just for work, NO GAMING! That mean lots of photo editing in Photoshop, Lightroom and some video editing (Timelapse photography) with Premiere

I picked some parts from your buyers guide, but not all... please have a look over my choice:

Case: Lian Li PC-A55B

Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UD5H

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K (maybe I wanna overlock it later)

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (CMZ32GX3M4A1600C9)

Power: Thermaltake Smart M650W 80Plus

SSD: Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB ST2000DM001

Optical Drive: cheap LITEON thing

Bluetooth: IOGEAR GBU521 Bluetooth 4.0

Graphic Card: Actually i have no idea which card is good enough to handle my needs and which card is just over the top (i don't wanna waste my money ) I thought about the Asus GTX 660 Ti ... what do you think?

Please help me, to build my first hackintosh :)

Banuc

Hey, your English is fine! :thumbup: Everything looks alright I think, the first graphics cards that came to mind, were the 650ti & 660ti. I would probably pin it on the 660ti if you're doing light video editing, and no gaming. I personally do video editing, "light" photoshop, a fair bit of gaming, and I'm getting either a 760 or a 680. So I think either 650 or 660 ti will be fine too be honest.
Have a wait, see what some other of the guys say and then make your choice.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/photography/
http://www.tonymacx86.com/video/ <might not need cause doing light video.

Take a look at those listed, especially the photography one, it applies more to you than video!

Luke

edit: You could also possibly drop the psu down to between 500 and 600. Not sure on this though, wait for some other guys to answer.

Hi Guys,

first of all, sorry for my bad english - I'm from Germany ;). I understand a lot, but it's hard for me to type clear sentences.

Till now I used a Mid 2010 Macbook Pro, but it's exhausting to do all the Photoshop stuff with this little machine ;)

I need my new Hackintosh just for work, NO GAMING! That mean lots of photo editing in Photoshop, Lightroom and some video editing (Timelapse photography) with Premiere

I picked some parts from your buyers guide, but not all... please have a look over my choice:

Case: Lian Li PC-A55B

Motherboard: GA-Z77X-UD5H

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K (maybe I wanna overlock it later)

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (CMZ32GX3M4A1600C9)

Power: Thermaltake Smart M650W 80Plus

SSD: Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB ST2000DM001

Optical Drive: cheap LITEON thing

Bluetooth: IOGEAR GBU521 Bluetooth 4.0

Graphic Card: Actually i have no idea which card is good enough to handle my needs and which card is just over the top (i don't wanna waste my money ) I thought about the Asus GTX 660 Ti ... what do you think?

Please help me, to build my first hackintosh :)

Banuc

660 ti is not a slouch by any means. I would check to see if the 760 is close to the price of one though. If they are very close in price? Get the upgrade. Past that? You will see bigger jumps in price.

In the US the 660ti is about 230. The 760 is about 250.

Here is a comparison of the cards. The 760 is definitely worth 20 more dollars. To be honest the 660ti is priced about 20-30 bucks too high in the U.S and I expect they will drop the price on the card soon. Prob waiting for Black Friday.
http://www.hwcompare.com/14802/geforce-gtx-660-ti-vs-geforce-gtx-760/

Thank you for your replys so far!

@ deathjester

It was a really good idea to bring the 760 up in game!
I wanna go with the 760 cos it's more powerfull and the price is not a huge difference, but which brand should I choose?

ASUS -> 251,89€

EVGA -> 220,42€ (thats just 9€ more than the 660ti)

Gigabyte -> 249,27€

MSI -> 256,85€

Are there differences in performance? Or is it just a 'head-thing' -> "I only go with blablabla" / Like car brands :D

Thanks for your support!!

Banuc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back