Contribute
Register

First Build - do these play nicely together?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD3H
CPU
i7 4790k
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi All, this is my first build and I'm curious if these components will work well together. They are all from the buyers guide:

image.jpg

Im im mainly going to be doing audio work in Logic Pro 9 / Pro X.

A couple of other questions: do I even need the graphics card? Doesn't the intel have integrated graphics? Will this be Bluetooth enabled? Has anyone else done a similar build?

Ive read tons on this forum and I would love the expertise of the community.

thanks!

Hi All, this is my first build and I'm curious if these components will work well together. They are all from the buyers guide:

View attachment 164306

Im im mainly going to be doing audio work in Logic Pro 9 / Pro X.

A couple of other questions: do I even need the graphics card? Doesn't the intel have integrated graphics? Will this be Bluetooth enabled? Has anyone else done a similar build?

Ive read tons on this forum and I would love the expertise of the community.

thanks!
Yes, should all work together. You can use the HD4600 graphics with no problems.
Only 8 GB of ram ? Bare minimum should be 16 GB, 32GB would be ideal. For BT
you will need to add an adapter. See the Buyer's Guide for one that's compatible.

You should check which version OS X works best with Logic Pro 9 and X. May be better
to go with Yosemite over El Capitan. I don't use it so no idea which is best.

Yes, should all work together. You can use the HD4600 graphics with no problems.
Only 8 GB of ram ? Bare minimum should be 16 GB, 32GB would be ideal. For BT
you will need to add an adapter. See the Buyer's Guide for one that's compatible.

You should check which version OS X works best with Logic Pro 9 and X. May be better
to go with Yosemite over El Capitan. I don't use it so no idea which is best.

Thanks so much! Yes I'm going 32 go ram... That 8 go thing is just some free giveaway that I don't even want, lol. But 32 to crucial ram for certain. I'll check the buyers guide again for a Bluetooth adapter. I didn't see it before but I'm sure that's just my oversight.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back