Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS H170-PRO
CPU
i5-6500
Graphics
ZOTAC GTX 960
Problem
Sometimes when I right click in Finder or on the desktop the colorful spinning wheel pops up and Finder stops responding. I can't recreate the issue, sometimes it happens, other times it does not. I have no idea what's causing it and I have not been able to find any solutions after searching.

The beachball of death is sometimes caused by a failing hard drive. Clone your current drive to a brand new drive asap.

The beachball of death is sometimes caused by a failing hard drive. Clone your current drive to a brand new drive asap.
I don't think my drive is failing, I use a Samsung 850 EVO SSD. The drive is only about a year old too.

Do you still recommend cloning the drive? And if yes, would I just use Time Machine to do so?

I'm just telling you my experience. On my real iMac, had this random beachball occuring, computer very slow, then Finder stops responding... did everything I can, upgrading OSX, adding more RAM, repair disk permissions, and nothing fixed it. Replaced the hard drive and cloned/restored it back, and boom! suddenly everything is okay, fast, and no more beachballs.

I'm just telling you my experience. On my real iMac, had this random beachball occuring, computer very slow, then Finder stops responding... did everything I can, upgrading OSX, adding more RAM, repair disk permissions, and nothing fixed it. Replaced the hard drive and cloned/restored it back, and boom! suddenly everything is okay, fast, and no more beachballs.
OK I guess I'll try to reinstall El Capitan on a different drive, here we go again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back