Contribute
Register

Finally got my hp 4530s to boot! It all starts with snow leopard!(must read)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
hp probook 4530s
CPU
i3
Graphics
intel 3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Okay let's start at the beginning, got a brand new hp probook 4530s. I read how easy it was to hackintosh:D. So I order the snow leopard install disk and waited for it to be delivered. When it came I installed it and got 10.6.3 up and running without a problem. Here's where it gets sticky when I tried to update to 10.6.8 combo, it would get stuck at the apple logo screen with the eternal wheel spinning. After reinstalling a 100 times with no success I was just about to give up:cry:. When I saw a post about the easiest lion install. It said to update to 10.6.6 which was great cus I had no luck with 10.6.8. Long story short this post work great for me because I didn't even need the updatehelper cuz it bypasses 10.6.8. So if your having issues with the combo update us 10.6.6 update and install lion app from Mac store! Hope this helps!!!!!!!!!

This tip might be just what I need to get my system running. I have done extensive reading and followed various guides but I cannot get my 4530s to boot once its updated. I get a feeling it has booted, but the screen is blank grey. Im using 10.6.8 combo and probook installer along with update helper. My cpu is an i7 2670qm with 8gb, HD3000 and Radeon graphics. I found with the F20 bios, turbo boost didnt work in Windows 7, so I upgraded to F27. On OSX I tried F09, F20 and F27 all with no success under 10.6.8.

Here is my geekbench test on F20 but using an application that can set the cpu multiplier:

http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/1130298

Ya there diff some funny business with that combo update try 10.6.6 update and install lion from guides on the forum worked like a champ for me. Let me kno how it works for u!

Ohhhh ohhhh if ur getting black screen try hitting the wifi button top right! My did that when I rebooted lion for the first time if that works. Then boot cd or usb go to disk utility and first add ur harddrive that also worked for me. Hope this helped

This tip might be just what I need to get my system running. I have done extensive reading and followed various guides but I cannot get my 4530s to boot once its updated. I get a feeling it has booted, but the screen is blank grey. Im using 10.6.8 combo and probook installer along with update helper. My cpu is an i7 2670qm with 8gb, HD3000 and Radeon graphics. I found with the F20 bios, turbo boost didnt work in Windows 7, so I upgraded to F27. On OSX I tried F09, F20 and F27 all with no success under 10.6.8.

Here is my geekbench test on F20 but using an application that can set the cpu multiplier:

http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/1130298

Ur extra ram is giving u issues too take one stick out leaving u with 4gigs of ram and try that as well.

Ur extra ram is giving u issues too take one stick out leaving u with 4gigs of ram and try that as well.

I think I tried that right at the beginning after reading SL only addresses 4gb. Anyway, thanks for the suggestion and I will try this again.

I don't understand the detail of the booting or installation process that well. Do you think the memory installed (or any other hardware for that matter) has any influence on the data copied to the hard drive during installation?

Im asking this because I might try installing with only 4gb. But this is a desparate task IMO because it runs under 10.6.3 with 8gb installed (only addresses 4gb).

I think I tried that right at the beginning after reading SL only addresses 4gb. Anyway, thanks for the suggestion and I will try this again.

I don't understand the detail of the booting or installation process that well. Do you think the memory installed (or any other hardware for that matter) has any influence on the data copied to the hard drive during installation?

Im asking this because I might try installing with only 4gb. But this is a desparate task IMO because it runs under 10.6.3 with 8gb installed (only addresses 4gb).

Okay the ram is only for install after that u can reinstall it. And ya if u got two harddrive only leave the one that iOS is being installed on! But I really think ur issues is with the combo update try 10.6.6 and update to lion via the USB and unibeast method.dont :banghead: U will get there it just takes so time and patience.

Like you I also read the forum before launching out and getting a hackintosh ... went for the 4530s as this gets a good rap.
But for some reason I cannot install either mountain lion or snow leopard

Cant even get past multi-beast installation with ml

So I decided to get snow leopard disc as this is meant to be easier.

I manage to boot up with iboot

take out disc put in Snow Leopard

press F5

Install SL all good

Partition drive to guid

No probs Select new partition and start to install

get nice installing screen

But installation never completes it fails seemingly randomly at different points in installation process

Anyone got any ideas :banghead:

Like you I also read the forum before launching out and getting a hackintosh ... went for the 4530s as this gets a good rap.

press F5

Install SL all good

Partition drive to guid

But installation never completes it fails seemingly randomly at different points in installation process

1) Make sure you are using mains power and the laptop is not overheating. Is the laptop stable under windows?
2) Is the SL disc being read ok? Try making a dual layer backup on Verbatim media. Do this on a desktop because desktop DL burning is much more reliable than laptop.
3) Take the hard drive out of the laptop and put it in an external SATA box, then install on another machine. Once the installer has finished, swap the drives back and boot up using iBoot.

press F5

Install SL all good

Partition drive to guid

WHat r the specs of ur comp CPU graphics ect... How r u getting to ml when sl won't load? what ver. Of bios do u have all this matters. Never had a install fail but I'm sure there is a fix sl 10.6.3 install disc usually goes without a hitch. Its the update that I had issues with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back