Graphics
EVGA Geforce GTX TITAN X
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys need some advice please. I've ditched my graphics card and stuck to on board graphics and instead updated the CPU to the i7 4790k from the i5. Reason being is I'm not going to be using it for gaming just yet. I'll be using it for: browsing, viewing photos/video, and virtualising another machine.

1. Will the on board graphics be compatible with OS X?
2. Will the on board graphics be OK for dual screen support and virtualisation?
3. The mother board has 1 DVI and 1 HDMI - these will both work for dual display right?

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z7ZN with wifi. Board has both Bluetooth and wifi. I read that OSX won't support the on board wifi but will be OK for the bluetooth. I only intend to use an Ethernet connection. So I should be OK right there won't be any issues? And the Bluetooth will work OK with my Apple mouse and keyboard?

Thanks in advance guys

Yes, your system will work with the on-board HD4600 from the i7-4790K processor. Your Z97N is similar to my H97N motherboard. See my installation guide link in my signature block for more information.

Yes, your system will work with the on-board HD4600 from the i7-4790K processor. Your Z97N is similar to my H97N motherboard. See my installation guide link in my signature block for more information.

Thanks for the reply - had a read through your guide and it's excellent thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back