i7-11700K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
In the spirit of not bloating some other USB setup threads where this problem first started being explored (here's lookin' at you @UtterDisbelief ), I thought I'd start a new thread and ask if others have had similar experiences with this bluetooth card or motherboard.

I am having a lot of trouble getting bluetooth to work on my setup with the Fenvi T919 card on a Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Xtreme.
The WiFi works great, no issues there. The bluetooth cable on the Fenvi card is connected to a USB header on the board (HS13).
On this particular motherboard, along the bottom are the only two 9-pin USB headers that you can connect a cable like this to (F_USB1 and F_USB2).
Both of them are shared on HS13. I've connected the cable coming off the fenvi card to both F_USB1 and F_USB2, but I haven't been able to tell any difference between the two.
When it's connected, I do have bluetooth. It shows up in System Preferences as available, and I've even been able to pair my bluetooth keyboard and mouse to the Mac. However, whatever bluetooth peripherals I try to use, they barely work, dropping connections often, or missing inputs, laggy, etc. I've placed my devices right next to the antennas on the back of the case, but that doesn't help.

I'm curious if anyone else has an Aorus Xtreme board and has to use the HS13 ports, and has done so successfully?

One thought has been, if I can't use the USB header ports, would there be a kind of cable adapter I could get to connect the 9-pin female cable on the fenvi to a standard USB port on the back of my Xtreme mobo?

Here's what the bluetooth cable looks like on the fenvi card:
fenvi_bluetooth.jpg

Thanks for any tips!

I have a Fenvi T-919. My bluetooth works fine with all stuff, like Apple Mouse and iPhone, iPad; also continues works. Show your Bluetooth info page, I attached mine. Do you have USB working ?? InjectAllUSB.kext and patched SSDT-USB.aml ?? Or other USB solution ? Maybe you have excluded this port from USB ?

Attachments

• Zrzut ekranu 2020-03-20 o 10.40.36.png
    Zrzut ekranu 2020-03-20 o 10.40.36.png
    205.7 KB · Views: 127
I have a Fenvi T-919. My bluetooth works fine with all stuff, like Apple Mouse and iPhone, iPad; also continues works. Show your Bluetooth info page, I attached mine. Do you have USB working ?? InjectAllUSB.kext and patched SSDT-USB.aml ?? Or other USB solution ? Maybe you have excluded this port from USB ?
USB is working, and I show bluetooth, but as I described, it doesn't hold connections or work reliably.
I originally had USBInjectAll.kext, but replaced it with USBPorts.kext after following the guide on this page to get under Apple's 15-port limit:

I don't have a SSDT-USB.aml (I show SSDT-EC-USBX in my ACPI folder).
Below you can see my bluetooth info page from the System Information app:
bluetooth.jpg

Check in your BIOS ASPM setting for PCH, if I turn it on I also have bluetooth unstable; when you making USBPorts.kext check internal for Bluetooth port ?

Check in your BIOS ASPM setting for PCH, if I turn it on I also have bluetooth unstable; when you making USBPorts.kext check internal for Bluetooth port ?
Referring to ASPM, would that be “PCH LAN Controller” in my BIOS settings for the Aorus Xtreme?
It is currently set to Enabled.

And yes, HS13 for Bluetooth is currently set to “Internal”.

In "Power" tab if you have "Platform Power Management" enable, you have "PCH ASPM" enable or disable ? When I enable I have bluetooth like crazy...

Which BIOS version do you have ?

In "Power" tab if you have "Platform Power Management" enable, you have "PCH ASPM" enable or disable ? When I enable I have bluetooth like crazy...

Which BIOS version do you have ?
Oh I see. My BIOS is F9c.
I had Platform Management disabled. Once enabled, I see PCH ASPM. It was disabled. Going to try enabling it now and see what happens.
Are you saying when you have it enabled you have bluetooth working good like crazy, or problems like crazy...

Both :) Only bluetooth :)) On your picture there is a bluetooth cable only with two wires, this is in real cable ? I have four wires. Maybe that. Or did you try bluetooth connection stability with only USBInjectAll.kext and No Port Limit Patch ??

Attachments

• 4E06E901-4C01-4A73-87FA-4C470C3F2211.jpeg
    4E06E901-4C01-4A73-87FA-4C470C3F2211.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 117
Both :) Only bluetooth :)) On your picture there is a bluetooth cable only with two wires, this is in real cable ? I have four wires. Maybe that. Or did you try bluetooth connection stability with only USBInjectAll.kext and No Port Limit Patch ??
Enabling PCH ASPM doesn't make a difference, bluetooth behaves the same way.
Yeah, that illustration only shows two cables, but the real cable has more. I've started with USBInjectAll.kext and the patch but that didn't help either. Seems like there's no good solution.

@UtterDisbelief I am still waiting on my Fenvi T919 replacement to see if mine is defective, but in the meantime I've received the ASUS USB-BT400 bluetooth dongle.
I unplugged the bluetooth cable from the Fenvi card to the motherboard header, and then plugged in the ASUS dongle.
No bluetooth out of the box, but do you know if I need to addd some bluetooth kext to have this thing work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back