Contribute
Register

Fenvi T919 BT & WiFi Working, But No Airdrop, Handoff, or Universal Control on Z77 + Monterey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I have had a good look at your system DSDT.aml and it isn't very different from the DSDT from my Z97X-UD5H motherboard. It has the same devices and options that require SSDT 'fixes' to help the system behave.

I have used Corpnewt's SSDTTime script with your system DSDT.aml to generate a few custom SSDT's and config.plist ACPI patches, as shown in the screenshot and Results folder attached below. Only the *.aml tables and the OC config patches are needed.

Screenshot 2023-03-31 at 17.37.52.png Results folder contents.

The SSDT-HPET.aml and SSDT-XOSI.aml both require patches in the ACPI section of the config.plist for them to work.

I have also created three other SSDT's that will help your system, based on the findings in your DSDT.aml table:
  1. SSDT-Fix-USB-Shutdown.aml
  2. SSDT-SBUS-MCHC.aml
  3. SSDT-XWAK.aml
Two of the SSDT's above (No's. 1 & 3) also require OC config.plist ACPI patches for the SSDT to work.

I am in two minds whether to recommend you use another common SSDT, as I am not sure if it will put you back rather than help. SSDT-EHCx-OFF.aml disables the EHC1 & EHC2 USB controllers, pushing all the USB ports on to the XHC USB Controller.

I found using this SSDT makes USB port discovery much easier, as there are only is only a single USB Controller with HSxx & SSxx ports shown in Hackintool's USB tab. The EH01 & EH02 plus any non-physical hubs are not present, so there are no HPxx ports either.

I use this SSDT with all my Z87, Q87, H97 and Z97 systems, I am still running 5 x Haswell systems using this SSDT with Ventura installed on them all. It works perfectly for me, but I used the SSDT when running a clean installation of Catalina, so I could use the XhciPortLimit quirk before updating to Monterey or Ventura. I usually run a clean installation for any major macOS release, as it just keeps things running on an even keel.

Were I to create an EFI for your system it would look like the EFI shown in the screenshot below.

Screenshot 2023-03-31 at 17.57.33.png Proposed EFI for your Z77-UD5H/i7-2700K system.

Obviously the USBPorts.kext would need to be amended/replaced for one that only served the XHC controller.

I have attached a copy of a proposed EFI for your mixed 6-series CPU and 7-series Motherboard. Based on the idea that you would use it to boot macOS Catalina 10.15.7 on a spare drive. So the XhciPortLimit Quirk has been enabled and the UEFI > APFS > MinDate and MinVersion entries have been set accordingly. This EFI could be used to recreate a USBPorts.kext for your system, with the SSDT-EHCx-OFF.aml in place.

If you don't want to install Catalina then it can be used as a guide for updating your current OC EFI.

Sorry, I have no idea why your Geekbench scores would be half their normal value. Are you sure you are using GB5 and not the latest release GB6? As the scores between GB releases should never be compared, as they use completely different base scales for measuring the ability of the CPU or GPU.

Attachments

• Results.zip
    5.9 KB · Views: 20
  • EFI.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 42
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back