Contribute
Register

Fenvi T919 and Broadcom wifi back in Sonoma with OCLP

@esafeddie
I see both kexts IOSkywalkFamily.kext and IO80211FamilyLegacy.kext into the kexts folder of @slipanot.
Yes my bad, you are correct.
What I did to his original EFI, was update his OC and kext versions, plus I don't know if this was necessary but arrange the OCLP kexts in what I think is the correct order in the config.plist.
In any case his problem according to his last post is solved.

@esafeddie
Of course, it is evident that the changes you have made in that EFI have fixed the issue. Well done.

Well, I did a full vanilla install of 14.3.1 last night and all went fine. Installed OCLP 1.4.1 and root patches for networking and all works normal now. I will try a full update of 14.4 tonight and see how it goes. Like stated before, I think something was wonky with my installation. @esafeddie & @miliuco I really appreciate all of your help with this issue. Most helpful. My skills have become rusty lately. Life gets in the way. Thanks again! :headbang:

I lost wireless support by upgrading to OCLP 1.4.2 today on my Dell Optiplex 9020 USFF. Cleaned NVRM too, didn’t help.

So, be careful out there. Going back to 1.4.1 resulted in another problem: a black screen. Will post more when I troubleshoot.

@esafeddie & @miliuco Downloaded full installer of 14.4 last night. Updated to OCLP 1.4.2 before installing OS update. Ran network patches. Rebooted. All worked normal. Installed 14.4 update, applied OCLP 1.4.2 network patches. Everything is working normal again. Thanks again!

Did you update your IOSkywalk.kext before the update ?
No. I thought it was updated to the most recent version. Whoops, that one doesn’t update in OpenCore Config. Where can I procure the latest? Nowhere, because the copy I have is ver. 1.0. And that’s the latest.

I tried to backpeddle down to 1.4.0. No more black screen, but the wifi is still broken.

Last edited:
No. I thought it was updated to the most recent version. Whoops, that one doesn’t update in OpenCore Config. Where can I procure the latest? Nowhere, because the copy I have is ver. 1.0. And that’s the latest.

I tried to backpeddle down to 1.4.0. No more black screen, but the wifi is still broken.
Here you are, just swop out the ones for these two, reboot and clean/reset NvRAM.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 28
Back