Contribute
Register

Fenvi T919 and Broadcom wifi back in Sonoma with OCLP

Hi there, I have exactly there same problem. WiFi with my FenviT919 is broken after having installed Sonoma 14.4. Also updated to the latest IOSkywalkFamily.kext "V1.1.0". Though it still shows V1.0 in info.plist". How can I bring back WiFi working again? Help is very much appreciated. Please find my EFI attached.

Attachments

• efi.zip
    26.1 MB · Views: 10
Ive read it a few times. And followed it to the tee. Still for some reason i just get a blanked out WiFi emblem with an exclamation point in the middle. The toggle is not useable. I have deleted WiFi in network all together and hoping the plist would rebuild after reboots. Nothing.. lol. Now, if i boot into 14.3.1 i have on a second drive all works normal in it. And my 14.3.1 drive is running OCLP 1.4.1 patches also. So IDK ?
In that case my friend, I think there is the possibility that your Sonoma 14.4 install is suspect and personally I would vanilla install it, as laboriously a task it is to do it again.

Whenever possible, I always opt for a clean install oppose to an update (specially if I notice any peculiar behavior) just to minimize carrying over any previous bugs or glitches from the previous Updated install.

In that case my friend, I think there is the possibility that your Sonoma 14.4 install is suspect and personally I would vanilla install it, as laboriously a task it is to do it again.

Whenever possible, I always opt for a clean install oppose to an update (specially if I notice any peculiar behavior) just to minimize carrying over any previous bugs or glitches from the previous Updated install.
Agreed.. I will try a fresh install later today and let you know. I really appreciate all your help with this
:headbang:

Wonder if i should try a 14.3.1 Install, then run OCLP 1.4.1 to patch the current install. THEN update to 14.4? Or
Install 14.4 and run OCLP 1.4.1 patch?

If you have the full Sonoma 14.4 released, then I would install that instead of an Update to minimize any ported mistakes. Plus doing an Update after will take twice as long.

Try the revised EFI Folder as it is (no need to change anything within) for the install I posted for you then add the OCLP after the install.

@JensG - Try this edited EFI Folder based on your posted one.
Reboot, clean and NvRAM. On reaching the Desktop, download the latest OCLP (1.4.1) version and add the patches again. On reboot your WiFi should be restored.
@esafeddie, you are my hero and you saved my day. Thanks so much for your help. Would you mind telling me what exactly you have changed in my EFI? At first sight you only changed a specific bootarg, don't you?

Last edited:
@esafeddie, you are my hero and you saved my day. The ks so much for your help. Would you mind telling me what exactly you have changed in my EFI? At first sight you only changed a specific bootarg, don't you?
That boot-arg plus you had IOSkywalkFamily.kext or IO80211FamilyLegacy.kext missing from the kext folder.
I can't remember which one but if you look at your old EFI Folder, you'll see.

@slipanot
I don't see anything strange in your config.plist.

These comments have nothing to do with your issue:
  • AMFIPass.kext doesn't need -amfipassbeta boot arg anymore
  • iMac19,1 doesn't need RestrictEvents.kext
  • i7-9700K doesn't need CPUFriend.kext nor CPUDriendDataProvider.kext
  • NVMeFix.kext sometimes has troubles in Sonoma, try without it.
Instead of removing networks in System Preferences, delete these files and reboot:
  • into /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration
    • NetworkInterfaces.plist and all NetworkInterfaces*.plist
    • preferences.plist and all preferences*.plist
After boot, check if any network interface must be added manually.

@esafeddie
I see both kexts IOSkywalkFamily.kext and IO80211FamilyLegacy.kext into the kexts folder of @slipanot.

Back