Contribute
Register

Fenvi T919 and Broadcom wifi back in Sonoma with OCLP

If you don't have working Airplay in Sonoma because you are using OCLP patches for your Broadcom Card, try using Blip instead.

If you don't have working Airplay in Sonoma because you are using OCLP patches for your Broadcom Card, try using Blip instead.

There’s also Local Send, another app that allows file transfers between devices leveraging the local network.

Hi,
I'm on Sonoma 14.2.1 and my hack works fine. I have only a doubt: until the next update, can I reset SIP related values of the config.plist to the safe ones?
Tx

Hi,
I'm on Sonoma 14.2.1 and my hack works fine. I have only a doubt: until the next update, can I reset SIP related values of the config.plist to the safe ones?
Tx
If you've used OCLP to regain WIFI functionality, I am afraid SIP will always have to be Disabled for WIFI Continuation.
That is the negative by-product of OCLP. I hope I understood your query correctly.

PS. I forgot to mention if you do Enable SIP again, Ethernet will continue to work but WIFI will not which will impact APPS like Handoff, AirDrop, Continuity etc.

I was wondering that since I read on another forum that it world have reset SIP related services until the next update…

@Ghostmac1969
OCLP needs SIP disabled to work. csr-active-config=03080000. If you enable SIP, root patch doesn't work.

I was wondering, with OCLP in place and working, what is the correct iter in order to update Sonoma?

what is the correct iter in order to update Sonoma?
Not sure what "iter" means but you'll need to download the full size incremental point updates.

Last edited:
Not sure what "iter" means but you'll need to download the full 12+ GB installer for point updates.
Sorry, just some Latin spilling over. lol. I meant the procedure.
Okay, that’s fine with me. So no need to disable anything in order to update. I just wanted to double check the procedure before updating.

I see pastrychef also reported his experience a few posts earlier:
I don't think reverting is necessary, but I did it to stay on the safe side.

Will try over the weekend. Thanks

@m4rk0

iMacPro1,1 and MacPro7,1 SMBIOS receive update notifications if configured as vmm (virtual machine): revpatch=sbvmm in boot-args along with RestrictEvents.kext.
All systems that have the OCLP root patch applied receive full-size updates (not incremental).

Back