Contribute
Register

Fenvi T919 and Broadcom wifi back in Sonoma with OCLP

Yes, I have USB mapped,
Yes, I have this configured in my config.plist and by request.
I did a clean install on an SSD with Sonoma 14.1 and was unable to turn WiFi back on.
I have MaxKernel, does it have to be Min?
Try this EFI. The MinKernel should be 23.0.0, not MaxKernel because Sonoma 14.1 is 23.1.0. This explains why it works on Sonoma 14.0 and not on 14.1.

Plus some minor fixes in your config.plist file:
1. Your csr-active-config should be 03080000
2. boot-args is missing amfi=0x80 and e1000=0 (you're using AppleIGC.kext)
3. Disable AMFIPass.kext in your config.plist --> Kernel --> Add section

I tried uploading a modified EFI for you to use but the site takes forever to upload.

Screenshot 2023-11-06 at 1.32.06 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-11-06 at 1.31.39 PM.png

Last edited:
It works! "The MinKernel should be 23.0.0, not MaxKernel "
Thank you everyone, this was really a mistake...
Screenshot 2023-11-06 at 22.23.57.png

But I would advise NOT keeping amfi=0x80 in boot-args.
It will prevent some applications (Dropbox, Teams...) to work properly. The best is to remove this and put AMFIpass.kext 1.4.0 instead (without any boot-arg).

But I would advise NOT keeping amfi=0x80 in boot-args.
It will prevent some applications (Dropbox, Teams...) to work properly. The best is to remove this and put AMFIpass.kext 1.4.0 instead (without any boot-arg).
Yes, without amfi=0x80 and AMFIpass.Kext it works very well, and there are no more incompatibilities in some apps.

Yes, without amfi=0x80 and AMFIpass.Kext it works very well, and there are no more incompatibilities in some apps.
You might need it again when a new Sonoma update comes out (in order to run the OCLP Patch).

Hi, I have a HP Elitebook 830 G5. Did anyone have success using iMessage and Facetime with any wificard? Tried brcm4360 (OCLP), and intel 8265. Wifi and bluetooth works and so does Appstore and iCloud. When using Ethernet both services works. I use OC9.5 and Sonoma 14.1. Better to go back to Ventura perhaps?

hey there.. I've got a question I don't see covered.. and I apologize if it's silly. I have a Broadcom BCM4360 in my rig. How would I know if it's "Fenvi?" I have tried to install Sonoma 3 times now.. success every time.. but no wifi. I've made the suggested changes.. but even after clearing NVRAM I lock up on reboot. Any help is appreciated. I really like the Sonoma UI. Thank you

How would I know if it's "Fenvi?"
It's not a requirement to have a Fenvi branded card as long as it's a genuine BCM4360 card. OCLP doesn't always work for all hardware combinations. You could try using an AX210 based Intel Card that is supported by using a 3rd party kext.

Screen Shot 4.jpg

Back