Contribute
Register

Fenvi T919 and Broadcom wifi back in Sonoma with OCLP

I need to reply to myself. One thing I've noticed by using OCLP patches--on two of my rigs is that in Sonoma (Broadcom patch) and Ventura (patching the Haswell in an Optimax 9020 USFF)--is that Dropbox doesn't work and I cannot reinstall it. The installer crashes and has to be shut down in the Activity Monitor. So far, I've not found any write-ups about this phenomenon.
I had the same issue. Even when I booted back into my original Monterey setup. When I went back to my original csr-active-config of 6 (used for Total Finder) it worked. I haven't booted back into Sonoma to see if my wireless is no longer working.

EDIT 1
WiFi doesn't work in Sonoma with csr set to 6. So...either I have working WiFi in Sonoma, or I have to give up TF. Ugh.

EDIT 2
Hooray! I figured it out (with the help of OCToolBox)! Starting with SIP disabled 0308000. I added one more flag that I used for TF before, "Allow task for PID," which created a csr of 0708000. Voila! I got TF working AND WiFi on Sonoma! Haven't seen any issue with Dropbox or anything else...yet.

Last edited:
@frontgear

My thread is regarding Fenvi cards, these don’t need any other kexts but IOSkywalk.kext, IO80211FamilyLegacy.kext, and AirPortBrcmNIC.kext.
Other chipsets may need also AirportBrcmFixup.kext. But not the Fenvi.

I haven’t noticed degraded speed in the wifi when using AMFIPass and -amfipassbeta.

Thought I could do without AMFIPass since I don't do Plex, Firefox etc., then turned out Adguard for Safari crashes with amphi=0x80.

Feel like the 1st post should just tell people to do AMFIPass + -amfipassbeta instead of amphi=0x80. The chance of running into something that doesn't like amphi=0x80 eventually seems rather high.

I don't know where is the mistake, but is not working for me.
I followed all the instructions, but nothing changes after Patch.
I have tried with and without amphi=0x80, or AMFIPass.kext.

Attachments

• config.plist
    38.4 KB · Views: 14
I wrote it wrong here:shifty:, but is ok in config.plist amfi=0x80

Yes.
Should I revert the patch to apply again?
I am cleaning NVram, etc., and really followed the instructions.
Tried also without AirportBrcmFixup.kext too, just in case.
But still ! symbol over the wifi icon

I'm attaching my config.plist in case it helps anyone having trouble, check out these specific details:
  • csr-active-config | data | 03080000
  • boot-args | string | amphi=0x80
@miliuco It's probably a good idea to change the boot argument in post #1.

ph and f sound the same in English but for the amfi=0x80 boot flag, ph should not substitute for the f. One of many idiosyncracies of the language we are using.

The letters ph in Ph words makes the sound /fuh/ in words like photos, phantom, physics, etc. The letters p and h are blended together to produce the /fuh/ sound.

Last edited:
Yes.
Should I revert the patch to apply again?
I am cleaning NVMram etc, really followed the instructions.
Tried also without AirportBrcmFixup.kext too, just in case.
But still ! symbol over the wifi icon
there is an order to the kexts, mentioned in post 1

Back