Contribute
Register

Fenvi T919 and Broadcom wifi back in Sonoma with OCLP

Hi - For the OCLP patch to work, you can keep using the iMac 20,2 SmBIOS no need to change, I too am using this model with no problem but you must have SIP completely disabled, SecureBootModel also set to disabled.

These settings are a must for the patch to work. I do believe that on real Macs which the patch is/was intended for, SIP also has to run disabled until the next Sonoma Update comes along.
OK great, I'll try it again tonight ! Thanks !

@buddyjack2
For the OCLP patch to work, SecureBootModel must be Disabled an SIP 03080000. Don’t forget to have or amfi=0x80 in boot args or AMFIPass.kext (Kexts folder and config.plist) + -amfipassbeta in boot args.
You can boot without these settings but then the patch is not active.

@buddyjack2
For the OCLP patch to work, SecureBootModel must be Disabled an SIP 03080000. Don’t forget to have or amfi=0x80 in boot args or AMFIPass.kext (Kexts folder and config.plist) + -amfipassbeta in boot args.
Thanks so much! Last night I attempted to boot from a customized EFI I made just for Sonoma. I'm attaching it here, after modifying it to disable SecureBootModel. Though I wasn't able to Root Patch to get WiFi working last night, one other thing I noticed was that my Ethernet had gotten messed up using this customized EFI: my Hackintosh booted into Sonoma okay but it used a self-assigned IP address (169. etc), possibly because it seemed to have switched from En0 (where I have the cable connected) to En1 (which is empty). With WiFi not working either, that effectively cut me off from the internet so I switched back to my Ventura-style EFI, reset NVRAM, and booted back to Sonoma using that. Ethernet is now restored but of course, no WiFi. I'll try again tonight with the Sonoma-style EFI I'm attaching here, but if someone could check thru it in the meantime for any potential problems, that would give me more confidence in the configuration. Thanks!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    11.1 MB · Views: 33
@buddyjack2 - Hi, had a quick look at your EFI Folder and didn't see much wrong apart from outdated OC and kexts versions which I have taken the liberty to update all for you to try with the attached.

See the before and after results, also attached. Hope you get a better result.
Don't forget you must use the OCLP Nightly Build and not the released version which I believe is for real Macs.
Good luck.

PS Remember to clean/reset NvRAM at least twice on reboot otherwise settings or changes will not work or will create a glitch.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-27 at 17.23.02.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-27 at 17.23.02.png
    231.7 KB · Views: 59
  • Screenshot 2023-09-27 at 17.23.48.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-27 at 17.23.48.png
    233.5 KB · Views: 59
  • Screenshot 2023-09-27 at 17.34.08.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-27 at 17.34.08.png
    204.6 KB · Views: 59
  • EFI.zip
    9.8 MB · Views: 36
@buddyjack2
will it work with the needed kexts (IOSkywalk.kext, IO80211FamilyLegacy.kext and AirPortBrcmNIC.kext) taken from Ventura or is it better to download them from Github?

@buddyjack2 - Hi, had a quick look at your EFI Folder and didn't see much wrong apart from outdated OC and kexts versions which I have taken the liberty to update all for you to try with the attached.

Don't forget you must use the OCLP Nightly Build and not the released version which I believe is for real Macs.
Good luck.

PS Remember to clean/reset NvRAM at least twice on reboot otherwise settings or changes will not work or will create a glitch.
Wow... OC developer build 0.9.6? I've never used the dev. builds but it makes sense this would be better with the latest, plus the latest kexts. Thanks for redoing my EFI for me! My OCLP is 0.6.9 Nightly but it's dated July 2023 and so I downloaded it again just to be sure. Will try tonight!

will it work with the needed kexts (IOSkywalk.kext, IO80211FamilyLegacy.kext and AirPortBrcmNIC.kext) taken from Ventura or is it better to download them from Github?
Get them from the OLCP pull request where notices are released:

Go to Hackintosh Notes.

Good luck.

Just tried the EFI you provided; afterwards, Root Patching *was* successful and after one final reboot, my WiFi did indeed come back :)

But unfortunately... my Ethernet is still broken using the new-style EFI config :(

As I recall, following one of the various Ventura updates this past year, I had to enable AppleVTd to get my mobo's I225V ethernet ports working. Doing so involved adding SSDT-DMAR and some changes to my config.plist involving IOMapping, as I recall (it was several months ago). Nothing has changed regarding AppleVTd in my new-style EFI config but obviously some of the kexts or other changes made to get my Fenvi card working again, conflict with my AppleVTd config. Ethernet port shows a self-assigned IP address and it seems to have no ability to contact my router.

Oddly: with my Fenvi WiFi working under Sonoma (but no Ethernet), Firefox browser locks-up immediately on launch, although Safari is fine. Also, Adobe Creative Cloud refuses to run and quits the moment it tries to launch it. I *do* have the Apple capabilities working (AirDrop, continuity, etc.) But I've got to have Creative Cloud working for my job, and it doesn't seem to like using only the restored WiFi (nor does Firefox).

I've since used OCLP to revert the patch it made, reset NVRAM and rebooted using my original EFI folder. All is well now with Sonoma (Ethernet is back, and Creative Cloud and Firefox work fine), but of course, I'm back to Square One with no WiFi again :(

I'm left hoping that someone else who tries the OCLP procedure with my kind of mobo I225V ports and AppleVTd enabled might encounter the same problem and offer some insight?

I'm left hoping that someone else who tries the OCLP procedure with my kind of mobo I225V ports and AppleVTd enabled might encounter the same problem and offer some insight?
I maybe wrong here or off track but I seem to recall member 5T33Z0 post about a new developed kext to overcome the difficulty to enable Ethernet port 122V ports. Hopefully, he will see your post and point you in the right direction or offer a solution.

Sorry to hear after enabling WIFI, Ethernet is not working which is strange. Hope you get to solve the problem.

Just tried the EFI you provided; afterwards, Root Patching *was* successful and after one final reboot, my WiFi did indeed come back :)

But unfortunately... my Ethernet is still broken using the new-style EFI config :(

As I recall, following one of the various Ventura updates this past year, I had to enable AppleVTd to get my mobo's I225V ethernet ports working. Doing so involved adding SSDT-DMAR and some changes to my config.plist involving IOMapping, as I recall (it was several months ago). Nothing has changed regarding AppleVTd in my new-style EFI config but obviously some of the kexts or other changes made to get my Fenvi card working again, conflict with my AppleVTd config. Ethernet port shows a self-assigned IP address and it seems to have no ability to contact my router.

Oddly: with my Fenvi WiFi working under Sonoma (but no Ethernet), Firefox browser locks-up immediately on launch, although Safari is fine. Also, Adobe Creative Cloud refuses to run and quits the moment it tries to launch it. I *do* have the Apple capabilities working (AirDrop, continuity, etc.) But I've got to have Creative Cloud working for my job, and it doesn't seem to like using only the restored WiFi (nor does Firefox).

I've since used OCLP to revert the patch it made, reset NVRAM and rebooted using my original EFI folder. All is well now with Sonoma (Ethernet is back, and Creative Cloud and Firefox work fine), but of course, I'm back to Square One with no WiFi again :(

I had the same issue. I added the following kexts (see link below) and rebooted. My Ethernet and wifi are working fine.

AirportBrcmFixup.kext and its plugin AirportBrcmNIC_Injector.kext

Last edited:
Back