Contribute
Register

Fenvi T919 and Broadcom wifi back in Sonoma with OCLP

Hi - Actually you should discard using the AMFIPass.kext (as documented) and just use these boot- args along with the RestrictEvents.kext as shown in my example, but if you're happy with what is working for you, then by all means carry on.
I am back to pose a question about using Dropbox since amfi=0x80 could be my problem. After upgrading to Sonoma, Dropbox works as normal.

However, once I have set up config.plist and the EFI/OC/KEXT folder and reboot, Dropbox stops working. So, it isn't applying the OCLP patch for the wireless.

Since that was the case, I applied the OCLP patch and rebooted. Wireless worked. But Dropbox failed to launch.

Would, say, the new boot arg or another setting have any impact on Dropbox? (I can't really ask Dropbox people since this is a hack.)

It can't be "Secure Boot Model | Disabled" because that setting was already set prior to upgrading from Ventura.

That's why it might be amfi=0x80?

P.S. It was. I fixed the problem using the instructions for removing the argument and using AMFIPass.kext.

Last edited:
@FranzWerfel - Hi, is your wireless network operational when you apply OCLP patch?
I can't really see why Dropbox will not work if your wireless connection is working.
Then again I don't use Dropbox so I can't really say for sure, hopefully someone will be able to comment on the subject without me speculating about what the problem is or could be.

@Chuck23
Forget Recovery. Easy way:
  • add an item to you config.plist as per attached image
  • openTerminal and run
    Code:
    sudo nvram -c
    (dismiss the error messages)
  • reboot.
View attachment 571401

So your csr-active-config value for disabling SIP is loaded at boot.
If you're confused about disabling SIP in Recovery, do it this way.
Boot machine as normal and enter this Value (exactly
as shown in the example) this will completely disable SIP.
Now you must reboot, clean NvRAM, boot as normal and the desired effect will take place.
Good luck.
Hi Guys thanks for all the help! I'll give it a try again with the official release of Sonoma!

Okay, after quite a bit of work with my EFI folder and my config.plist, I've managed to finally get a working boot of Sonoma, to the point that I can run the OCLP Rootpatch Configurator.

However, each time I've run it, I get the following message:

"- Starting Patch Process
- Determining Required Patch set for Darwin 23
The following patches will be applied:
- Networking: Modern Wireless
- Verifying whether Root Patching possible
- Patcher is capable of patching
- Local PatcherSupportPkg resources available, mounting...
- Mounted Universal-Binaries.dmg
- Found Root Volume at: disk7s3
- Mounting APFS Snapshot as writable
- Mounted APFS Snapshot as writable at: /System/Volumes/Update/mnt1
- Successfully mounted the Root Volume
- Running patches for iMacPro1,1
- Running Preflight Checks before patching
- Found SkylightPlugins folder, removing old plugins
- Cleaning Auxiliary Kernel Collection
- Relocating SoundflowerSigned.kext kext to /Library/Relocated Extensions
- Finished Preflight, starting patching
- Installing Patchset: Legacy Wireless
- Handling Installs in: /usr/libexec
- Found existing airportd, overwriting...
- Found existing wifianalyticsd, overwriting...
- Found existing wifip2pd, overwriting...
- Handling Installs in: /System/Library/CoreServices
- Found existing WiFiAgent.app, overwriting...
- Handling Installs in: /System/Library/Frameworks
- Installing: CoreWLAN.framework
- Handling Installs in: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks
- Installing: CoreAnalytics.framework
- Installing: CoreWiFi.framework
- Installing: IO80211.framework
- Installing: WiFiAnalytics.framework
- Installing: WiFiPolicy.framework
- Installing: WiFiPeerToPeer.framework
- Writing patchset information to Root Volume
- Skipping Auto Patcher Launch Agent, already installed
- Rebuilding Kernel Cache (This may take some time)
- Unable to build new kernel cache
Reason for Patch Failure (31):
No variant specified, falling back to release
No variant specified, falling back to release
Error Domain=KMErrorDomain Code=31 "Error occurred while building a collection: in /Library/Extensions/PACESupportFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/PACESupportSnowLeopard.kext/Contents/MacOS/PACESupportSnowLeopard: could not use '/Library/Extensions/PACESupportFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/PACESupportSnowLeopard.kext/Contents/MacOS/PACESupportSnowLeopard' because it is not a dylib, bundle, or executable, filetype=0x00000001" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Error occurred while building a collection: in /Library/Extensions/PACESupportFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/PACESupportSnowLeopard.kext/Contents/MacOS/PACESupportSnowLeopard: could not use '/Library/Extensions/PACESupportFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/PACESupportSnowLeopard.kext/Contents/MacOS/PACESupportSnowLeopard' because it is not a dylib, bundle, or executable, filetype=0x00000001}

Please reboot the machine to avoid potential issues rerunning the patcher"

After rebooting the system, the wireless icon allow me to turn the Fenvi T919 card on, but it won't detect my modem or any other modems in the building. OTOH, the Bluetooth has never worked better.

Is there anything else wrong with my config.plist that need to be done to fix this? Please have a look. I've removed the serial number in this copy. Thanks!

Attachments

• config.plist
    40.5 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Is there anything else wrong with my config.plist that need to be done to fix this? Please have a look.
Sorry but I just cannot fathom out your kext folder. Apart from the tree mandatory OCLP kexts do you really need all those BCRMPatchRAM3, BCRMBluetoothInjector, B/ToothFixup, AirPortBrmcNIC, AirPortFixup.kext? I suspect you need to clean up your kext folder by removing the unnecessary ones and from the config.plist.

Also insure the copy of OCLP is not the released version but the 'Nightly Build'.

@dreidel
Copy PACESupportFamily.kext from Library/Extensions to any folder, just as a backup, delete it in Library/Extensions, reboot and try again.

@dreidel
Copy PACESupportFamily.kext from Library/Extensions to any folder, just as a backup, delete it in Library/Extensions, reboot and try again.

Okay, that did the trick! OCLP built the kernel cache, and now the wireless card is fully functioning. Am posting this while surfing wirelessly. Thanks!

I need to reply to myself. One thing I've noticed by using OCLP patches--on two of my rigs is that in Sonoma (Broadcom patch) and Ventura (patching the Haswell in an Optimax 9020 USFF)--is that Dropbox doesn't work and I cannot reinstall it. The installer crashes and has to be shut down in the Activity Monitor. So far, I've not found any write-ups about this phenomenon.
Still doing it with the official release after getting my Fenvi working again. Any update on this, or is it because SIP is disabled maybe?

Good morning. My wifi is Fenvi T919.
I know that it is not the ideal situation that many of us want to have the system as vanilla as possible, but what the OCLP team has achieved is amazing.

I have followed TO THE LETTER the instructions that have been published here (Hackintosh notes):
https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/pull/1077#issuecomment-1646934494
And it has worked well. I have wifi and Airdrop back in Sonoma.
Note that khronokernel's instructions must be followed exactly.

Don't forget to enable (Enabled=True) 3 extensions to be added and the extension to be blocked, they are disabled by default.
If I don't block com.apple.iokit.IOSkywalkFamily the system won't boot with KP.

I'm attaching my config.plist in case it helps anyone having trouble, check out these specific details:
  • csr-active-config | data | 03080000
  • boot-args | string | amphi=0x80
  • com.apple.iokit.IOSkywalkFamily blocked
  • IOSkywalk.kext, IO80211FamilyLegacy.kext and AirPortBrcmNIC.kext added in this order (Kexts folder and config.plist).
For the future I hope the integration of the amfi-disabled branch with the sonoma-development branch to be able to work without the need to disable AMFI. I guess incremental updates are lost with this setup. But the OCLP approach works, at least for me.

Note: as it's a preliminary fix, maybe it doesn't work on some systems.

I have one of the affected Fenvi cards for WiFi in my Hackintosh. In my config.plist (OpenCore 0.9.5) my SMBIOS definition is iMac20,2, which is what I believe comes closest to my actual hardware, and as SecureBootModel I've been using j185f for the past several versions of OpenCore. After upgrading to Sonoma yesterday my attempt to Root Patch was rejected (it reported "SecureBootModel enabled"). I can set that to "Disabled" in my config.plist and hopefully can get the Root Patch to work, but should I leave the status as "Disabled" after rebooting? I realize I could also change SMBIOS definition to a non-T2 Mac model and set SecureBootModel to "Default," but I'd prefer to leave SMBIOS as-is (iMac20,2). Would there be any consequences if I had to leave SecureBootModel disabled beyond the Root Patch step?

Last edited:
Hi - For the OCLP patch to work, you can keep using the iMac 20,2 SmBIOS no need to change, I too am using this model with no problem but you must have SIP completely disabled, SecureBootModel also set to disabled.

These settings are a must for the patch to work. I do believe that on real Macs which the patch is/was intended for, SIP also has to run disabled until the next Sonoma Update comes along.

Back