Contribute
Register

Fenvi T919 and Broadcom wifi back in Sonoma with OCLP

@esafeddie comments some things including Lilu at the top of the list. I add these:
Thanks Bro for adding to my correction recommendations, I did miss a few but thanks to another pair of eyes you found more. Good job, Hopefully he will have better results. :thumbup:

Hi - I have spotted a misalignment and made the correction for you to try.
Also added MinKernel 23.0.0 value to the three OCLP kexts, this is so that the patch does not affect any other OS install if you are multi booting with another Apple OS.

The Lilu.kext MUST always be the first kext in the config.plist to enable a successful boot up.
Try removing those redundant kexts from the config.plist and also in the kext folder if there as well to lighten your EFI Folder.

Tr the revised config.plist and let me know the results. Good luck.
You mention an interesting possibility, of multibooting into a different Apple OS. Do I understand correctly, that the same EFI config could theoretically launch both Sonoma and, e.g., Ventura? I understand that csr would be disabled under Ventura and that incremental updates (if any are still to come) wouldn't be detected or installable... but would the root patching done at the end of the procedure to get Fenvi working under Sonoma have any potentially bad impact on Ventura when launcing into that OS?

@buddyjack2 - Hi my system is booting Sonoma, Ventura, Big Sur and Win11 all from one EFI Folder residing on the EFI Partition on the Sonoma Disk without any problems.

To minimize the failure of incremental updates, you need to have the RestrictedEvents.kext in the kext folder and entry in the config.plist as well as the boot-arg revpatch=sbvmm.

To stop the OCLP patch from effecting the other Apple OS's you may have installed, the MinKernel entry data must be entered as 23.0.0 to all three OCLP kexts.

Hope I have explained this clearly for you, if in doubt please let me know and I will post with a few examples of my setup which will hopefully explain better.

Thank so much for the info. I currently have Win11 and Ventura booting off of separate SSDs but I've been holding off installing Sonoma Beta because I don't have a separate SSD for it, which someone here suggested would be the safest way of handling it for now. (I do have a spare SSD lying around and my M.2_2 slot is open, but it's covered by my GPU which, believe it or not, I've never been able to remove using its latch). Still, I've been preparing a preliminary EFI folder for an eventual Sonoma install this Fall, and will probably post that here for verification purposes before I actually take the plunge and replace Ventura.

Thank so much for the info. I currently have Win11 and Ventura booting off of separate SSDs but I've been holding off installing Sonoma Beta because I don't have a separate SSD for it, which someone here suggested would be the safest way of handling it for now. (I do have a spare SSD lying around and my M.2_2 slot is open, but it's covered by my GPU which, believe it or not, I've never been able to remove using its latch). Still, I've been preparing a preliminary EFI folder for an eventual Sonoma install this Fall, and will probably post that here for verification purposes before I actually take the plunge and replace Ventura.
If you decide to wait for the official release of Sonoma this Fall, by that time hopefully the OCLP procedure will be a more uniformed and easier procedure than present. Not that it is too difficult as long as one follows exactly as instructed.
If you're doubtful about the construction of your EFI Folder, rest assured the good folks here are only happy to help with any queries you may have.

I fully understand the caution trying to remove the latched GPU as I have fallen foul of that my self with a previous Gigabyte board and in frustration pulled it away and ripped the slot out of the lane sending me to the PC component store to spend unnecessary money on another board, an expensive mistake.:banghead:

Hi - I have spotted a misalignment and made the correction for you to try.
Also added MinKernel 23.0.0 value to the three OCLP kexts, this is so that the patch does not affect any other OS install if you are multi booting with another Apple OS.

The Lilu.kext MUST always be the first kext in the config.plist to enable a successful boot up.
Try removing those redundant kexts from the config.plist and also in the kext folder if there as well to lighten your EFI Folder.

Tr the revised config.plist and let me know the results. Good luck.
Thanks @esafeddie for your help. I loaded the your config.plist but still got the AMFI hang. I found a workaround though.

Booted into recovery, installed Macos Beta overtop the existing installation (all files, data etc was how I left it which was nice) then Patched using OCLP 0.6.9 but this time with "AMFI Disabled" checked off in the settings (duh). and Voila. We're in.

Wifi works and connects, bluetooth is on but can't find anything. I'll just probably have to tinker with my kexts and config, there. Hopefully this helps anyone else who's getting KPs.

@bruttonero
No idea, afaik my wifi connects all kind of network securities, do you have Fenvi T919?
I think it's not an original FENVI but a clone likely PCI card holder. The card itself is from Apple
Would you possibly check my plist to see if it's ok? I'm also including a screenshot from the System Informations

Thanks

Attachments

• configSonoma.plist
    39.4 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot 2023-08-15 at 1.13.45 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-15 at 1.13.45 PM.png
    80.7 KB · Views: 52
@bruttonero
System profiler of my Fenvi is the same as yours, same card type, same firmware version...
I think the Fenvi doesn't need any Bluetooth related kexts, try removing BlueToolFixup.kext, BrcmFirmwareData.kext and BrcmPatchRAM3.kext. Keep only those recommended by OCLP (they are ok in config.plist). I don't see anything else wrong.

@spang1974
There are instructions somewhere in the network. You update Sonoma, then you loose the wifi and must reapply the root patch. Usually you don’t need to edit config.plist but, if you don’t get the update from Software Update, you can add RestrictEvents.kext and revpatch=sbvmm as boot arg and revert this after successful update.

Back