Contribute
Register

Fenvi T919 and Broadcom wifi back in Sonoma with OCLP

@suren6791
Wifi model? Is it a Fenvi T919?
Upload your config.plist.

I can report success on an old Skylake+Gigabyte mobo spoofed as a Mac Pro 7,1. Since the Opencore Legacy Patcher also wants to patch the Haswell graphics, you must ensure that the internal GPU is disabled before using this beta version. That way, only the WiFi patch is installed and the Haswell IPGU doesn't corrupt the AMD Radeon card.

At this writing, only the WiFi works. HandOff doesn't seem to work . . . yet. AirDrop is moot.

Last edited:
I can report success on an old Skylake+Gigabyte mobo spoofed as a Mac Pro 7,1. Since the Opencore Legacy Patcher also wants to patch the Haswell graphics, you must ensure that the internal GPU is disabled before using this beta version. That way, only the WiFi patch is installed and the Haswell IPGU doesn't corrupt the AMD Radeon card.
Did you disable IGPU using the boot arg wegnoigpu or just turned it off in bios?

Turned it off in BIOS. I can report that AirDrop works.
My USBPorts.kext was a little flawed. The BRCM2072 Hub was set to USB3, not internal. (How did that happen?!) I reset to Internal and was able to open a Web page on my iPhone, which, in turn, showed up as Chrome handoff icon in the Dock. Clicked that and it opened to the identical webpage. So, it does that. Not a big deal since Handoff hasn't been very useful. But that's just me. So, on an older Skylake motherboard, Sonoma Public beta essentially works with the new OCLP patch.

My USBPorts.kext was a little flawed. The BRCM2072 Hub was set to USB3, not internal. (How did that happen?!) I reset to Internal and was able to open a Web page on my iPhone, which, in turn, showed up as Chrome handoff icon in the Dock. Clicked that and it opened to the identical webpage. So, it does that. Not a big deal since Handoff hasn't been very useful. But that's just me. So, on an older Skylake motherboard, Sonoma Public beta essentially works with the new OCLP patch.
I need to reply to myself. One thing I've noticed by using OCLP patches--on two of my rigs is that in Sonoma (Broadcom patch) and Ventura (patching the Haswell in an Optimax 9020 USFF)--is that Dropbox doesn't work and I cannot reinstall it. The installer crashes and has to be shut down in the Activity Monitor. So far, I've not found any write-ups about this phenomenon.

I did follow these step but WiFi on my Fenvi T919 still not working. I did attached files bellow. Any advise.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-30 at 2.37.13 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-30 at 2.37.13 AM.png
    692.8 KB · Views: 186
  • config-MP7,1.plist
    22.9 KB · Views: 41
I did follow these step but WiFi on my Fenvi T919 still not working. I did attached files bellow. Any advise.
Try this

Attachments

• config-MP7,1.plist.zip
    4.8 KB · Views: 113
But it still does not work
Hi - Personally I would try the revised config.plist offered by @suren6791 but try without the AirportBrcmNIC.kext.
Then reboot and clean NVRAM. At the Desktop rerun OCLP Nightly Version for Sonoma, and you should be able to get WiFi working.

Important to remember the IOSkywalkFamily.kext must be first before the other two kexts and must be entered in 'Block' and enabled. My Board is an MSI albeit a Z490 but here is the Entries in my config.plist to give you some guidance. Good luck.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-30 at 08.46.04.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-30 at 08.46.04.png
    195.1 KB · Views: 357
  • Screenshot 2023-07-30 at 08.46.31.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-30 at 08.46.31.png
    80 KB · Views: 337
  • Screenshot 2023-07-30 at 08.46.57.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-30 at 08.46.57.png
    97.8 KB · Views: 332
  • Screenshot 2023-07-30 at 08.52.23.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-30 at 08.52.23.png