Contribute
Register

Fenvi T919 and Broadcom wifi back in Sonoma with OCLP

question:

my hack (iMac18,3) is vanilla OpenCorePkg (I did upgrade to 0.9.5) + a few hand-picked aml/kexts (lilu, applealc, usb-mapping, nothing exotic), and currently still on Ventura. never used OCLP before.

so do I just download OCLP, run it, "build and install opencore", reboot, run OCLP again and "post install root patch"? what would the "build and install opencore" step do to the aml/kexts that i added?

thanks!
"Build and install OpenCore" is only used for real Macs. For hacks, you only use "Post-Install Root Patch".

@miliuco what is different when using 0.6.9 OCLP compared to 1.0.0 in regard to Broadcom Wifi ? Anything ? Must SIP still be disabled and the AMFI boot flag be used etc ?
If I can say, I just opened OCLP (latest Nightly build) and the app recommended to update to 1.0.0 which I did do.
I left all the boot-args in place and SIP disabled as before, rebooted, cleaned NvRAM and all seems to function as before in relation to enabling my Fenvi-T919 Card.

I haven't done any test by removing the boot-args or enabling SIP to see the effect. I think I will wait any instructions from the developers on that score before I screw things up.

currently still on Ventura. never used OCLP before.

so do I just download OCLP, run it, "build and install opencore", reboot, run OCLP again and "post install root patch"? what would the "build and install opencore" step do to the aml/kexts that i added?
There's no reason to run OCLP on your Ventura install. Broadcom Wifi/BT still works there. Your RX560 is fully supported. Why run it ?

There's no reason to run OCLP on your Ventura install. Broadcom Wifi/BT still works there. Your RX560 is fully supported. Why run it ?

I'm prepping for Sonoma. :)

OCLP 1.0.0 states that Broadcom Wifi is a resolved issue. That would be great. Not so many things to disable/enable and extra boot arguments.

Resolved issues:
  • Graphics Acceleration support for 3802 and non-Metal GPUs
  • UI corruption on 31001 GPUs
  • Wireless Networking for BCM94360(2), 4360, 4350, 4331 and 43224
  • USB ethernet support for adapters based on ECM protocol (ex. Realtek)
So it s dead for my dw1560 which has 4352 ?

@miliuco what is different when using 0.6.9 OCLP compared to 1.0.0 in regard to Broadcom Wifi ? Anything ? Must SIP still be disabled and the AMFI boot flag be used etc ?
I think there is no difference between latest 0.6.9 nightly and 1.0.0 in regard to wifis dropped by Sonoma. I don't see any related change in the few past days, since the addition of BCM43225 and BCM4352.

SIP must be disabled as per OCLP guidelines but amfi=0x80 (disables AMFI completely) can be replaced by AMFIPass.kext + -amfipassbeta boot arg (apps broken by AMFI disabled as Zoom or Teams work as if AMFI was enabled).

@Amylowellow
I think you don't get advantage of running OCLP on Ventura apart from seeing the app windows. There is no patch to be applied and booting the EFI build by OCLP (instead of hte real OpenCore) can make your system un-bootable or give any kind of problems.

Back