Contribute
Register

felbo's Build: Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 - i7 12700K - AMD RX 580

its strange. I really dont know this. Perhaps others have ideas
The About Mac name problem I have is puzzling. If you use hackintools and look in the NVRAM do the CPU rename strings show up? They do not on my system.

The About Mac name problem I have is puzzling. If you use hackintools and look in the NVRAM do the CPU rename strings show up? They do not on my system.
Its nothing about CPU in NVRAM in Hackintool in my system. Another thing: I dont have "3,6 GHz" in revcpuname, have you? And UUID have to be correct also
Screenshot 2022-03-20 at 10.27.58.png

Its nothing about CPU in NVRAM in Hackintool in my system. Another thing: I dont have "3,6 GHz" in revcpuname, have you? And UUID have to be correct also View attachment 544480
I have “3.6 GHz” in my About this Mac and “unknown”. I have a SMUIID set properly too, as far as I know.

I have “3.6 GHz” in my About this Mac and “unknown”. I have a SMUIID set properly too, as far as I know.
do you have processor type number 3841 in platforminfo?

do you have processor type number 3841 in platforminfo?
That was the problem. Changed the processor type number to 3841 and the proper processor label in About This Mac shows up -“3.6 GHz 12-Core Intel 17-12700K”. Thanks for solving that one for me.

Does you system report the correct number of cores in “About this Mac” - System Report - Hardware?
Yes. But performance is not like 24 Core.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-03-21 at 11.56.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-03-21 at 11.56.52 PM.png
    361.9 KB · Views: 111
@felbo - Hey, I just wanted to say thank you - for putting together this thorough guide for the Gigabyte Gaming X motherboard. In the end, it led to me to choosing the Gaming X to partner with my new i5-12600K CPU (knowing it was Hackintosh compatible). The USB diagrams also came in very useful to me.

Along with your guide, and CaseySJ's, I was able to make a smooth transition from my previous Z390 system, with no issues along the way. Plus, the i5-12600K is so much snappier in Windows and macOS, than my old i5-9600K :)

I just have a little contribution to make, regarding USB ports. When I was making my USBMap.kext, I noticed that HS03 mapped to the internal F_U32C (Front USB 3.2 type-C port?) on the Gaming X. From this, I assume that SS02 should be its USB 3.0 port equivalent.

Thanks again :thumbup:
Hi pbryanw,
My pc is running with felbo's EFI. I am using the front USB-C port also. Do I need to change anything on this EFI to get better performance on this front c port?

Hi @felbo

Could you provide all of your BIOS settings. I have similar build but stuck at
AppleFileSystemDriver...

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• bios_screenshot.zip
    5.2 MB · Views: 193
Back