Asus Z97M PLUS
CPU
i5-4690
Graphics
HD4600
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I have installed INTEL 510 series SSD and everything works fantastically, except after few hours it fails with "invalid key length" message. (see screeshot)

Interestingly:
first few reboots are just fine
just before the "fatal" reboot everything works smoothly
so the problem only appears on reboot after some work has been done with this SSD.

Tried restoring OSX several times, but it always happens again: few hours of charming speed and sudden crash on reboot.

tried checking this drive with Intel toolbox in Windows. did not catch any issues.

is there a way to test the disk extensively to make sure it is HW issue? I'm ready to buy new SSD, but not sure if that's good idea at this point.

P.S. That very same copy of OSX runs on 7200rpm hard drive for few months already w/o single issue, except low speed of spinning parts :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    150 KB · Views: 156
It says in your verbose screenshot that Intel120 could not be verified completely.
If you haven't already done so open Applications>Disk Utility and verify or try to repair the disk, if there is a problem with the volume it should let you know.

Tried that. Disk Utility says it can not be repaired and I should backup as much data as I can and reformat the drive.

Once formatted, it looks perfect in DU.

now looking for a good drive test utility, that would do full "surface" tests. Only windows options found so far...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back