Contribute
Register

[FAQ] READ FIRST! Laptop Frequent Questions

Thanks rehabman work perfectly i changed xcode preference> location> advanced

I don't know what you mean by "the fn-key from F5".
Are you talking about Fn+F5?
It is likely your Fn+F5 generates the same PS2 code as F5 (and no ACPI calls).
In which case, Fn+F5 cannot be distinguished from F5 itself.
Currently, there is no "macro" capability in VoodooPS2Keyboard... eg. no mechanism for mapping one key into multiple keys (although I have contemplated one, and it isn't difficult to implement).

Yeah sorry if my wording there is messy. My fn+F5 is basically just F5, so I want to change the shortcut to command+R without using BetterTouchTool to remap it.
Ah I see, then BetterTouchTool or other alternatives is the only way to produce my desired result then for the time being.
Thanks anyway.

Yeah sorry if my wording there is messy. My fn+F5 is basically just F5, so I want to change the shortcut to command+R without using BetterTouchTool to remap it.
Ah I see, then BetterTouchTool or other alternatives is the only way to produce my desired result then for the time being.
Thanks anyway.

What you're asking for is a macro capability.
You're asking to translate a single key into multiple keys... specifically, you want:
F5(down) -> Command(down) + R(down)
F5(up) -> R(up) + Command(up)

And as I mentioned, VoodooPS2Keyboard kext has no such feature (it is actually partially implemented, as the config data is already being read, but no code to actually translate/send).

There are 3rd party tools that can do it... such as Karabiner (no experience with BetterTouchTool).

hi rehabman I have a issues when I restart or shutdown following screen shot is appear I mean fire assertion issues hw to fix it 20180501_125227.jpg

hi rehabman I have a issues when I restart or shutdown following screen shot is appear I mean fire assertion issues hw to fix itView attachment 328876

Verbose boot provides verbose shutdown.
Nothing unusual there.
Don't boot verbose.

Thanks for learning rehabman solved

good evening
do you have an ac wifi card compatible both with windows and with mac for hp elitebook 8470p?
i read articles but are not raccomended ac card
thanks

thanks for your reply, i read guide and i see thant only Broadcom 43225HMB/4352HMB are AC card, and also they are wifi+bluetooth. considering that i have bluetooth support yet without wifi card, what do you suggest me to do?
thank you in advance

The BT on BCM94352HMB will simply not be used.

Back