Contribute
Register

[FAQ] READ FIRST! Laptop Frequent Questions

The FAQ is very clear regarding the files needed in the case of not being able to boot.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Also, this is NOT a troubleshooting thread. Open a separate thread.

Yes, the FAQ is clear it wants the files. But it is not clear on where those files dump to. What I asked was when I pressed F2 and F4, nothing on screen appears to happen, so I cannot tell what is going on. I placed a FAT32 USB in the machine to try and dump them there, but that doesn’t appear to do anything either. Also, I am not trying to troubleshoot on this forum, simply trying to understand where the dump of those files go.

Yes, the FAQ is clear it wants the files. But it is not clear on where those files dump to. What I asked was when I pressed F2 and F4, nothing on screen appears to happen, so I cannot tell what is going on.

You should not expect anything to "happen".
The function keys F2/F4 simply dump files to misc/preboot.log and ACPI/origin (respectively).
The files are dumped to the same EFI/Clover that was used to boot Clover.

You should not expect anything to "happen".
The function keys F2/F4 simply dump files to misc/preboot.log and ACPI/origin (respectively).
The files are dumped to the same EFI/Clover that was used to boot Clover.

Ok, thank you. I think I got those files.

but what do I have to add to fit the firing action of the z710 lenovo also have to give dsdt to check

No idea what you're referring to with "add to fit the firing action"...
All questions must be in clearly written English.

Keep in mind the FAQ is not a troubleshooting thread at all.
As per post #1:
Finally, this is NOT a troubleshooting thread. Please do not ask questions regarding your specific problem in this thread. Open a separate thread instead. Only if you have a question regarding the content of this FAQ, or have a an idea for an additional Q/A in this thread, reply here.

Hi
I have this panic with High Sierra boot showing in picture
I want yo get help plza
Dell latitude e5430

Attachments

• 4898C25A-7E43-4B1A-BA8F-32C40A96704B.jpeg
    4898C25A-7E43-4B1A-BA8F-32C40A96704B.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 127
  • CBEB9712-DEDD-40BB-A1C2-1EE78B9CBF41.jpeg
    CBEB9712-DEDD-40BB-A1C2-1EE78B9CBF41.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 87
Hi
I have this panic with High Sierra boot showing in picture
I want yo get help plza
Dell latitude e5430

Off-topic (as per post #1):
Finally, this is NOT a troubleshooting thread. Please do not ask questions regarding your specific problem in this thread. Open a separate thread instead. Only if you have a question regarding the content of this FAQ, or have a an idea for an additional Q/A in this thread, reply here.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Please help me solve the problem of defining sound and graphics card

Attachments

• DSC_0048.JPG
    DSC_0048.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 109
  • DSC_0049.JPG
    DSC_0049.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 92
I have a question for rehabman can we build kext from your source with xcode without developer account

I have a question for rehabman can we build kext from your source with xcode without developer account

A developer account is not required to download Xcode.

Back