Contribute
Register

FAQ for Lion on HP Probook

Hello, I do understand that if my 4530 has a Realtek wireless card, then I have to replace it. However, can I just buy a USB WIFI Dongle to get WiFi functionality back?

And if so, then what dongles are compatible with Mac OS Lion/Hackintoshes. As in, which ones are plug and play?

Hello, I do understand that if my 4530 has a Realtek wireless card, then I have to replace it. However, can I just buy a USB WIFI Dongle to get WiFi functionality back?

And if so, then what dongles are compatible with Mac OS Lion/Hackintoshes. As in, which ones are plug and play?

You can but you must make sure it has OS X Lion/ML drivers. Generally, you'll find that information on the manufacturer site or on the site you're shopping from.

Note: It is probably just as cheap and as easy to replace the half-mini PCIe WiFi card (you just have to find an AR5B195 w/ HP branding). And I would think there is some benefit to using the WiFi antenna built in to the screen bezel.

I bought a USB wifi card but when I go to the Apple App store to buy ML it says an unknown error has occurred. Has anyone found a way around this? If not how do I upgrade to ML?

I bought a USB wifi card but when I go to the Apple App store to buy ML it says an unknown error has occurred. Has anyone found a way around this? If not how do I upgrade to ML?

With a Probook?

Hello all,

I consider myself a lucky man discovering this Tony Forum.
Year ago , i've already run a dual boot Macbook(ubuntu/osx) and was happy for the result.
But this guys, this, is a great work . Thanks.
I thing i'm in the right place of the forum, could you please tell me if HP ProBook 4540s Notebook will be supported.
Any advices will be apreciated.....

Regards

Hello all,

I consider myself a lucky man discovering this Tony Forum.
Year ago , i've already run a dual boot Macbook(ubuntu/osx) and was happy for the result.
But this guys, this, is a great work . Thanks.
I thing i'm in the right place of the forum, could you please tell me if HP ProBook 4540s Notebook will be supported.
Any advices will be apreciated.....

Regards

Not on Lion. The 4540s is completely supported with Mountain Lion. See the ML probook forum: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/

Back