CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
What about an ivy bridge one? If it will not work perfectly, then what all will work, and what will not work ? Is there any way to make it work perfectly ?
At this point the laptop you are talking about (4530s with Ivy) is a Unicorn. Nobody but you has seen one...

Motherboard
Hackintosh
CPU
I5 2300
Graphics
GTX 460 MSI 1GB
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS,
Well this has been handy and thanks for putting up the FAQ, Had i have read it I wouldnt of done so many annoying posts...Is 1333mhz RAM the fastest it can take, no way to get 1600mhz? also I see that 8gb is the max ram.. has anyone had success with getting more to work? I've attached a pic of Wifi card in the one I hope to purchase, I'm almost certain its not compatible but any input would be great.

Attachments

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Well this has been handy and thanks for putting up the FAQ, Had i have read it I wouldnt of done so many annoying posts...Is 1333mhz RAM the fastest it can take, no way to get 1600mhz? also I see that 8gb is the max ram.. has anyone had success with getting more to work? I've attached a pic of Wifi card in the one I hope to purchase, I'm almost certain its not compatible but any input would be great.
I think some people have installed more than 8GB of 1600Mhz RAM and have gotten it to "work." You should search and see what you find.

Ralink Wifi is not supported by OS X.

Motherboard
Hackintosh
CPU
I5 2300
Graphics
GTX 460 MSI 1GB
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS,
I think some people have installed more than 8GB of 1600Mhz RAM and have gotten it to "work." You should search and see what you find.

Ralink Wifi is not supported by OS X.
Thanks for getting back to me and I will read through the threads better next time.

Motherboard
HP Pavilion 3099-se
CPU
i5
Graphics
Intel 3000
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hello, I do understand that if my 4530 has a Realtek wireless card, then I have to replace it. However, can I just buy a USB WIFI Dongle to get WiFi functionality back?

And if so, then what dongles are compatible with Mac OS Lion/Hackintoshes. As in, which ones are plug and play?

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello, I do understand that if my 4530 has a Realtek wireless card, then I have to replace it. However, can I just buy a USB WIFI Dongle to get WiFi functionality back?

And if so, then what dongles are compatible with Mac OS Lion/Hackintoshes. As in, which ones are plug and play?
You can but you must make sure it has OS X Lion/ML drivers. Generally, you'll find that information on the manufacturer site or on the site you're shopping from.

Note: It is probably just as cheap and as easy to replace the half-mini PCIe WiFi card (you just have to find an AR5B195 w/ HP branding). And I would think there is some benefit to using the WiFi antenna built in to the screen bezel.

Motherboard
Lenovo Ideapad Y570 laptop
CPU
i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.2GHz
Graphics
Intel® HD Graphics 3000 or NVIDIA® GeForce® 555M 1GB graphics
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I bought a USB wifi card but when I go to the Apple App store to buy ML it says an unknown error has occurred. Has anyone found a way around this? If not how do I upgrade to ML?

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
I bought a USB wifi card but when I go to the Apple App store to buy ML it says an unknown error has occurred. Has anyone found a way around this? If not how do I upgrade to ML?
With a Probook?

Mac
MacBook
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hello all,

I consider myself a lucky man discovering this Tony Forum.
Year ago , i've already run a dual boot Macbook(ubuntu/osx) and was happy for the result.
But this guys, this, is a great work . Thanks.
I thing i'm in the right place of the forum, could you please tell me if HP ProBook 4540s Notebook will be supported.
Any advices will be apreciated.....

Regards

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello all,

I consider myself a lucky man discovering this Tony Forum.
Year ago , i've already run a dual boot Macbook(ubuntu/osx) and was happy for the result.
But this guys, this, is a great work . Thanks.
I thing i'm in the right place of the forum, could you please tell me if HP ProBook 4540s Notebook will be supported.
Any advices will be apreciated.....

Regards
Not on Lion. The 4540s is completely supported with Mountain Lion. See the ML probook forum: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/