Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 770
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, I'm only getting 2 fans showing in HWMonitor. Can anyone think why this might be? Thanks.

Screen Shot 2013-07-18 at 00.20.21.png

Hi, I'm only getting 2 fans showing in HWMonitor. Can anyone think why this might be? Thanks.

View attachment 61796

You're lucky you're getting as many as you are. I don't get my GPU fan speed at all. In some cases it's because the fan controller chip simply isn't putting out the necessary information for the FakeSMC drivers to pick up. You could try downloading the latest version from https://bitbucket.org/kozlek/hwsensors/downloads (it's newer than what's in MultiBeast).

I think the missing fan speeds are because three of the case fans are plugged into the Corsair 500R's fan controller, which I don't think is plugged into the mobo, so there's no way for the mobo to know those speeds.

I leave the fan controller on the lowest setting, but I kind of wish the case fans revved up when needed, when the CPU is being stressed. Is there a good way to achieve this?

HWMonitor displays everything correctly on my setup however it has only ever given me Case fan speeds but never my CPU Fan speed.

Do HWMonitors display CPU Fan speeds :?:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back