Contribute
Register

Fan speed control on High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone,

Is there any way to get ASUS FAN also running with VirtualSMC?
Installed on my Asus Zenbook UX330UAK > FakeSMC.kext + FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext + ACPIPoller.kext + SSDT-FAN.aml > Fan is visible

Installed on my Asus Zenbook UX330UAK > VirtualSMC.kext + SMCProcessor.kext + SMCSuperIO.kext + ACPIPoller.kext + SSDT-FAN.aml > Fan is not visible

Thanks for any answers.

Attachments

• SSDT-FAN.aml
    963 bytes · Views: 295
Hello everyone,

Is there any way to get ASUS FAN also running with VirtualSMC?
Installed on my Asus Zenbook UX330UAK > FakeSMC.kext + FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext + ACPIPoller.kext + SSDT-FAN.aml > Fan is visible

View attachment 388755

Installed on my Asus Zenbook UX330UAK > VirtualSMC.kext + SMCProcessor.kext + SMCSuperIO.kext + ACPIPoller.kext + SSDT-FAN.aml > Fan is not visible

View attachment 388756

Thanks for any answers.
The SSDT-FAN I wrote was only for use with FakeSMCSensors.

It will not work with VirtualSMC.

@black.dragon74

Hi all,
I am trying to get fan speed showing in hwmonitor but I do not know how to find the correct ec registry for my fan sensor. Can you help me to take a look?

Thanks,
twsps

Attachments

• debug_18956.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 193
@twsps
Everyone uses RWEverything for that. You will have to manually stop the fan with your hand and watch for EC Registry changes. Read their manual or google for detailed instructions ;)

@twsps
Everyone uses RWEverything for that. You will have to manually stop the fan with your hand and watch for EC Registry changes. Read their manual or google for detailed instructions ;)
I actually tried to use rweverything to view Ec registry but it keeps hanging with not responding when I click on EC... So I’m asking if there’s a way to find it by DSDT or SSDT.

Is there any alternatives to rweverything? I keep getting not responding on EC register... Please help

I can see fan speed in hwinfo, but it seems like it doesn't provide EC register location

I can see fan speed in hwinfo, but it seems like it doesn't provide EC register location
No, it doesn't.
lifehack: you can try and search for EC locations by your laptops name and model #. Maybe someone else already published it?
Also If you have windows, try to use NoteBook Fan Control, and if it has settings for your laptop model (and it usually has) - try to read the settings and look for fan EC location.

I think there was a thread on this forum about HP fan control by rehabman, in which he explains how to find fans EC location.

No, it doesn't.
lifehack: you can try and search for EC locations by your laptops name and model #. Maybe someone else already published it?
Also If you have windows, try to use NoteBook Fan Control, and if it has settings for your laptop model (and it usually has) - try to read the settings and look for fan EC location.

I think there was a thread on this forum about HP fan control by rehabman, in which he explains how to find fans EC location.
No it only has Inspiron 7375 and mine is 7370. Also I found out using ec-probe.exe dump, all my values are 00. Maybe that's why rweverything is not responding?

Attachments

• 15637477073775835196174452380494.jpg
    15637477073775835196174452380494.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 236
Can anyone help me with fan speed monitor? Any ideas are appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back