Contribute
Register

Fan Control

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suggest you spend some time in RW-Everything in Windows to see if you can discover which registers provide fan speeds.

You might also find clues in the PTID SSDT if you have one.
After some time watching values in RW Everything before get crazy i've found at least 4 offset, but when i check in eram (name of ec in my dsdt) i can't find nothing about them, or the offset doesn't exist, or are related to battery(?), also on windows fan speed is not detected.

After some time watching values in RW Everything before get crazy i've found at least 4 offset, but when i check in eram (name of ec in my dsdt) i can't find nothing about them, or the offset doesn't exist, or are related to battery(?), also on windows fan speed is not detected.

If an EC register does not have an assigned identifier in your DSDT, you can add one.
Refer to the ACPI spec.

If an EC register does not have an assigned identifier in your DSDT, you can add one.
Refer to the ACPI spec.
I think i have found the offset of the fan i believe is 06, 06 07 (0x66 and 0x67 ?) but if i assign a new identifier what i need to do next, ty for your time
Maybe implement your acer patch somehow?

I think i have found the offset of the fan i believe is 06, 06 07 (0x66 and 0x67 ?) but if i assign a new identifier what i need to do next, ty for your time
Maybe implement your acer patch somehow?

You will need some programming experience to accomplish this and an ability to learn ACPI programming (ACPI spec can be downloaded from the internet).

I'm getting the impression you do not have the skills to accomplish this...

You will need some programming experience to accomplish this and an ability to learn ACPI programming (ACPI spec can be downloaded from the internet).

I'm getting the impression you do not have the skills to accomplish this...
Yes you are right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back