Contribute
Register

Fan control by relay

Status
Not open for further replies.
that worked with mac pro's PSU fan, and the big fans. as all the above are voltage controlled fans.

the PCI fan im having trouble re-engineering its output.
i cracked opened and looked at the Delta Fan PCB

this PCI fan is a 90x90x38 AFB0912EHE, Apple P/N 607-3018
0222A13HF rated DC12V 0.95A -8K1L

the PCB is before my eyes,
i see the usual
VIN - i guess V input
GND - obviously Ground
O/P - probably RPM output
VM - i am totally confused.

i tried putting PWM, and a fixed voltage, it won't give me a constant RPM. either it runs and stops intermittently; runs as if it is to take-off; or not turn at all.

any input there please?

I think I will be going with the MINI NG by t-balance - -
Correct me if Im wrong but I should be able to wire the G5 fans as just 2 wire fans and connect them to the Mini NG
Anyone use the Mini NG?

Airbus- I agree with your fan PCB wiring - I dont know what the VM is but I know that when I connect the VIN & VM together and then ground - I get a consistant speed - which is how I am planning on using the MiniNG

thanks

whiskeynipple0088 said:
when I connect the VIN & VM together and then ground - I get a consistant speed - which is how I am planning on using the MiniNG

thanks

is this specific to the mac pro 2010 PCI fan? and what voltage did you supply and what is the corresponding RPM?

I was unable to monitor the RPMs - connected the fan 12v and 5v together to the PSU 5v and the ground to the PSU - constant speed and kinda loud
then I bought the Mini ng (not very happy with it) after realizing one of the supplied heat sensors was doa - I connect 5 of the G5 fans to the mobo cpu header
fan 12v and 5v to cpu header 12v - ground to ground - one fan Rpm to cpu header sensor - used the mini ng for the HDD bay with the only working heat sensor
works very well - speeds and slows as it should
temps reported while running:
1. logic pro - 8 tracks - over 64 high power plugins total
2. firefox - streaming video
3. safari - streaming video
4. activity monitor
5. temperature monitor
(above set up put logic pro just under 'system overload')
max temp: 62c ( i have a large heatsink from a old dell ontop of the Sandy bridge chip)
fans were speeding up as they should but were far quiter then the orig G5 at full load
very happy with this set up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back