Contribute
Register

Failed to upgrade from High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
so.. it's not so bad ;) almost everything works fine, i can boot (mostly in verbose mode) via SSD (second partition) but:
- Audio doesn't work (no devices, check 3, 13 inject)
- TouchPad Voodooi2c doesn't work

booting with "kext-dev-mode=1 dart=0 darkwake=0 nv_disable=1 -disablegfxfirmware -lilubeta -igfxbeta -alcdhost" and used same kext as before (just added beta boot flags)

So it's fine ;) but i think have to wait for kexts upgrades.

Last edited:
so.. it's not so bad ;) almost everything works fine, i can boot (mostly in verbose mode) via SSD (second partition) but:
- Audio doesn't work (no devices, check 3, 13 inject)
- TouchPad Voodooi2c doesn't work

booting with "kext-dev-mode=1 dart=0 darkwake=0 nv_disable=1 -disablegfxfirmware -lilubeta -igfxbeta -alcdhost" and used same kext as before (just added beta boot flags)

So it's fine ;) but i think have to wait for kexts upgrades.
Many audio layout ids were removed in Mojave.
Recent changes to AppleALC 'override' this problem by using 2 ids. Personally I'd just change layout ids in the kext to supported ones instead of vit9696's solution, but... You can just compile latest source code and audio should work with current config. You will also need -alcbeta boot flag.

VoodooI2CHID is known to panic on Mojave. A proper fix isn't found/implemented yet, but you can see a suggestion in issue #70 on GitHub and compile that one yourself as well (Not guaranteed to work/be stable, of course).

nv_disable=1 and -disablegfxfirmware probably not needed. Sure -alcdhost is needed?

And the ones removed are some of the most popular with hacks (3 and 12, in particular).

Recent changes to AppleALC 'override' this problem by using 2 ids.

I haven't personally used AppleALC much, but this trickery seems to break HDMI audio.
I may experiment with AppleALC later... maybe there are contributions to be made.

Personally I'd just change layout ids in the kext to supported ones instead of vit9696's solution,

Agreed.

-disablegfxfirmware probably not needed.

I guess I should test and see if I still need on my KabyLake desktop configs (suspect it is still needed with the KBL kexts).

I haven't personally used AppleALC much, but this trickery seems to break HDMI audio.
I may experiment with AppleALC later... maybe there are contributions to be made.
Seems like I still have HDMI audio working in Mojave.
I'm sure you can contribute a lot to AppleALC ;)

I guess I should test and see if I still need on my KabyLake desktop configs (suspect it is still needed with the KBL kexts).
I think this flag isn't needed with IntelGraphicsFixup.kext installed.
See release notes for v1.2.5:
https://github.com/lvs1974/IntelGraphicsFixup/releases/tag/v1.2.5

Recent changes to AppleALC 'override' this problem by using 2 ids. Personally I'd just change layout ids in the kext to supported ones instead of vit9696's solution, but... You can just compile latest source code and audio should work with current config. You will also need -alcbeta boot flag.

VoodooI2CHID is known to panic on Mojave. A proper fix isn't found/implemented yet, but you can see a suggestion in issue #70 on GitHub and compile that one yourself as well (Not guaranteed to work/be stable, of course).

nv_disable=1 and -disablegfxfirmware probably not needed. Sure -alcdhost is needed?

I used -lilubetaall and change incject to 13 and audio works now fine. So only touchpad left.
Still have some random KP and bluetooth problem (no device).
I'll try to test it more next week.

Are you sure? Didn't find such a note.
Also see this line:
https://github.com/lvs1974/IntelGra...90c099a/IntelGraphicsFixup/kern_igfx.cpp#L128
There's no term of using igfxfw=1 mentioned here.

Have you tried booting without -disablegfxfirmware on a KBL machine?
Hi, I am interested in your talk. I am using a KabyLake -R right now.Without -disablegfxfirmware flag, I can boot into system. However, the internal screen won't work after sleep. If I have this flag, everything works fine.

Hi, I am interested in your talk. I am using a KabyLake -R right now.Without -disablegfxfirmware flag, I can boot into system. However, the internal screen won't work after sleep. If I have this flag, everything works fine.
I've only heard about this problem if using igfxfw=1 (without -disablegfxfirmware, of course). Interesting. Did you use this flag too? What about explicitly setting igfxfw=0? (Though I think it's disabled as default anyway...)
Could also be Kaby Lake-R specific, but I doubt it.

You're spoofing KBL, right? (I ask because some KBL-R users spoof SKL)

Also make sure you have latest Lilu + IntelGraphicsFixup + Other plugins.

Just guessing: Maybe you converted to APFS but forgot apfs.efi.

Thanks looks like that was the issue. Before upgrading, I upgraded Clover to r4586 and installed the ApfsDriverLoader-64 driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back