Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Acer Aspire E5-575 (Clover)
CPU
Intel Core i7 7500U
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 620
After the Majove installer was finish, it rebooted and I chose the option from the boot menu to begin the upgrade process.

About 5 minutes later, the PC rebooted and the option for the install process was still there, so I chose it and it continued. After about 1 hour into the upgrade, the PC rebooted again, but this time the option to continue the upgrade, along with the recovery option was gone.

After further analysis, the recovery partition and the macos partition are gone; the only thing left is a 100GiB "unknown" partition. I'm not sure if anything can be done to the partition to let the upgrade process continue, or do I have to create a usb installer and install Majove manually?

After the Majove installer was finish, it rebooted and I chose the option from the boot menu to begin the upgrade process.

About 5 minutes later, the PC rebooted and the option for the install process was still there, so I chose it and it continued. After about 1 hour into the upgrade, the PC rebooted again, but this time the option to continue the upgrade, along with the recovery option was gone.

After further analysis, the recovery partition and the macos partition are gone; the only thing left is a 100GiB "unknown" partition. I'm not sure if anything can be done to the partition to let the upgrade process continue, or do I have to create a usb installer and install Majove manually?

Just guessing: Maybe you converted to APFS but forgot apfs.efi.

Installation was fine on Asus UX430UA but after installed i couldn't boot with SSD(only via USB).
I got KP but to fast to read anything
I was trying with EFI ASUSUX430UA-EFI.zip

Any idea ?

Installation was fine on Asus UX430UA but after installed i couldn't boot with SSD(only via USB).
I got KP but to fast to read anything
I was trying with EFI ASUSUX430UA-EFI.zip

Any idea ?

Why are you using 32mb DVMT patch with ASUS? (most ASUS laptops can set DVMT-prealloc as required).

Why are you using 32mb DVMT patch with ASUS? (most ASUS laptops can set DVMT-prealloc as required).

sorry, i uploaded old one (in BIOS there is 64MB).
Here is my current EFI which is working 100% in HighSierra.
In Mojave i don't see what is going on while booting from SSD (to fast KP).
Tried to remove most of kexts but still KP so i think there is something wrong with config.plist

Attachments

• UX430UA.zip
    10.8 MB · Views: 106
sorry, i uploaded old one (in BIOS there is 64MB).
Here is my current EFI which is working 100% in HighSierra.
In Mojave i don't see what is going on while booting from SSD (to fast KP).
Tried to remove most of kexts but still KP so i think there is something wrong with config.plist

You will need to get the KP data.
Assuming native NVRAM, A KP suffered in 10.14 will be reported when you boot back into working 10.13.

You have a lot of unnecessary kexts...

You will need to get the KP data.
Assuming native NVRAM, A KP suffered in 10.14 will be reported when you boot back into working 10.13.

You have a lot of unnecessary kexts...

ok, will try again install 10.14 but on second partition (have just one disk here).

"You have a lot of unnecessary kexts..." can you give me some details? which kexts are not necessary ?
Thank you

ok, will try again install 10.14 but on second partition (have just one disk here).

"You have a lot of unnecessary kexts..." can you give me some details? which kexts are not necessary ?
Thank you

Read guide regarding necessary kexts:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Any kext that is not "essential" might be causing you problems.
The goal with betas is not to have everything working right off the start, but rather to implement what is minimally required to get it to boot the introduce fixes one at a time, as necessary.

You're right.
Preparing USB and starting again...

Also, remember that Lilu and IntelGraphicsFixup will likely require updates or at least the "beta" kernel flags, so don't forget to read the associated documentation for those kexts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back