Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Fail to boot after upgrading from Clover r4910 to r5033...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thx, but since I am booting from Windows, I cannot visit the system disk. Is there another method to replace EFI to a correct one?

The EFI folder is actually fat file system, a Windows format. So you should be able to mount it in Windows. You will likely have to do it from the command line.

Here are some screen shots of my EFI folder structure before and after upgrading to Clover 5033.

Old Clover Driver Location
Old Clover Drivers Location.png

Clover Install Screen
Clover Install.png

New Clover File Location. Note drivers64UEFI folder is still there with original drivers intact. (On this install the Bios folder was not created) Also note I botched the upgrade by failing to select EMUVariableUefi-64.efi from the available drivers. I had my EFI folder open in Finder while I updated and saw afterwards (after I took the screen shot) I missed it. I just ran the install again but I could have gone to my EFI backup folder and added it back in.

New Clover .png
The Clover README.TXT regarding location of drivers

Clover Read Me.png

Last edited:
Here are some screen shots of my EFI folder structure before and after upgrading to Clover 5033

For safety copy your /EFI folder to your desktop and then delete the entire /Clover folder from the EFI partition.
Install Clover 5033 and note the difference in the folder structure.
You can recover all of the important files from the copy that you made to the desktop.

The EFI folder is actually fat file system, a Windows format. So you should be able to mount it in Windows. You will likely have to do it from the command line.

Nice to have another path, seems like a tougher go than creating a boot disk though. Guess if you don't have access to a Mac that's another way to go.

Your USB boot disk same as when you installed.
Hi there,

how exactly do you access the partition then? Can you help? Thanks, not too experienced with clover yet.

I have the same problem (Upgraded from 49xx to 507x) and am hanging in a bootloop after clover boots from HDD.

Have my stick with clover 49xx at hand and can boot into menue.

Hi there,

how exactly do you access the partition then? Can you help? Thanks, not too experienced with clover yet.

I have the same problem (Upgraded from 49xx to 507x) and am hanging in a bootloop after clover boots from HDD.

Have my stick with clover 49xx at hand and can boot into menue.
Boot from the USB drive and then at the menu choose the hard drive with OSX installed on it. It should load and from there at the desktop you can download Clover Configutator it Mount EFI 3. Use either of those to "mount" or show the hidden EFI folder on your OSX hard drive. From there you can begin to see what drivers are missing. There should be a backup copy of your old EFI folder clover installed you can reference abd copy files from that is on the OSX hard drive ( not hidden).

Sounds more complicated than it is.

Boot from the USB drive and then at the menu choose the hard drive with OSX installed on it. It should load and from there at the desktop you can download Clover Configutator it Mount EFI 3. Use either of those to "mount" or show the hidden EFI folder on your OSX hard drive. From there you can begin to see what drivers are missing. There should be a backup copy of your old EFI folder clover installed you can reference abd copy files from that is on the OSX hard drive ( not hidden).

Sounds more complicated than it is.
Thanks, I got it to boot again. Right now I mounted the EFI on my OSXM drive. But I dont find the EFI Backup folder. Any tips? Thanks again.

In my driver folder there are almost no drivers at all. Really strange.
1568391972798.png

1568391987259.png

I just got it to work. Found the Backup folder. Thanks a lot for you help! Amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back