Contribute
Register

[FAIL] almost there... i3 2105 HD3000, Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: almost there... i3 2105 HD3000, Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3

well i went ahead and wiped the system and started from scratch. as you have almost the very same hardware, i selected the exact same multibeast choices that you did (except trim support and another that i did not have: Apple RTC patch for CMOS reset).

your version shows a newer chimera than i have available through MBeast 3.10.1. (you get 1.8 and i only get 1.7)
anyways, sorry to say but it is worse than it was. at least for now...

before i am to run update helper to get to 10.6.8, i need to have a stable system through multibeast, right? i can't get it to boot properly with the selections you posted. kernel panic.

wiped everything and tried yet again with the most basic of selections. kernel panic just happens quicker now, which helps with the multiple trial and errors reboots, which is kind of nice.

sound is different!
previously: no sound at all
now: horrible screeching when sounds are expected to play. it scared the crap out of my cat.

this is so bad that i ready to go and buy windows for this system. at least i know how to fix that garbage.

i'm a technician of 18 years. why am i having such a hard time with this?

strongfinger_tech said:
well i went ahead and wiped the system and started from scratch. as you have almost the very same hardware, i selected the exact same multibeast choices that you did (except trim support and another that i did not have: Apple RTC patch for CMOS reset).

your version shows a newer chimera than i have available through MBeast 3.10.1. (you get 1.8 and i only get 1.7)
anyways, sorry to say but it is worse than it was. at least for now...

before i am to run update helper to get to 10.6.8, i need to have a stable system through multibeast, right? i can't get it to boot properly with the selections you posted. kernel panic.

wiped everything and tried yet again with the most basic of selections. kernel panic just happens quicker now, which helps with the multiple trial and errors reboots, which is kind of nice.

sound is different!
previously: no sound at all
now: horrible screeching when sounds are expected to play. it scared the crap out of my cat.

this is so bad that i ready to go and buy windows for this system. at least i know how to fix that garbage.

i'm a technician of 18 years. why am i having such a hard time with this?

I'm sorry to read that.
My suggestions are compatible with Lion (multibeast 4.3.1), not with SL.
I don't know much about SL on a hackintosh, but how I remember, there are some software update problems with Sandy Bridge based configs.

not more sorry than i am for having followed your directions, which were for lion and not snow leopard as i had listed.

so, being desperate as i am pretty much alone with this, i did more research.
having read in another forum an experienced user who had trouble with
this same m/board and bios (F9), I flashed the bios to his recommended
version of F4.

after I reconfigured the bios as per iBoot instructions, i cannot even load the SL retail disc. if i flash to any other version, including the original F9, reconfiguring the bios each time as i am supposed to, i get the following screen (attached).

in short, I am done with this crap. I'm sure this hackintosh system
works for some people but obviously not for me. it's a real pity too as i picked these components as they worked for so many people here.

strongfinger

Attachments

• fuct.JPG
    fuct.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 134

strongfinger_tech said:
not more sorry than i am for having followed your directions, which were for lion and not snow leopard as i had listed.

so, being desperate as i am pretty much alone with this, i did more research.
having read in another forum an experienced user who had trouble with
this same m/board and bios (F9), I flashed the bios to his recommended
version of F4.

after I reconfigured the bios as per iBoot instructions, i cannot even load the SL retail disc. if i flash to any other version, including the original F9, reconfiguring the bios each time as i am supposed to, i get the following screen (attached).

in short, I am done with this crap. I'm sure this hackintosh system
works for some people but obviously not for me. it's a real pity too as i picked these components as they worked for so many people here.

strongfinger

What about AHCI? I hope you set bios on AHCI. I've no more ideas. o_O

I have the same motherboard, i3 3.1 Ghz, 8 GB ram, and so on, but I am using a RADEON 6670 for graphics through HDMI. I have gone through a crazy multitude of wipes, and reinstalls just to get SL up, and throughout the process updatehelper, app store, and various other issues didn't work to boot from drive. Once I figured out the 1 TB SEAGATE drive was 4k, and changed to a 500GB drive and started once again things started flowing. ESPECIALLY after contributing and getting a custom beast sent to me.

Now, the only thing that doesn't work perfectly is HDMI audio, but in process to update to LION, through UniBeast, through xMove and HD partition for Lion Install, and consistently been led into brick walls.

I hope that tomorrow I can find a way to get things up and running because it's end of spring break, and back to books Monday.

Would someone please help lead me to get UniBeast to stop the :beachball: from hell.

Fresh clean working install sounds like a good choice if I must, I have read a post about beachball being solved but it includes putting a FakeSMC into a folder, but yet I don't know where/ how to get it on the Unibeast USB drive to load.

PLEASE HELP, and BTW StrongFinger keep the faith- it does get better, but I feel as if I lost hair from pulling it out in frustration ;)

The1pup said:
I have the same motherboard, i3 3.1 Ghz, 8 GB ram, and so on, but I am using a RADEON 6670 for graphics through HDMI. I have gone through a crazy multitude of wipes, and reinstalls just to get SL up, and throughout the process updatehelper, app store, and various other issues didn't work to boot from drive. Once I figured out the 1 TB SEAGATE drive was 4k, and changed to a 500GB drive and started once again things started flowing. ESPECIALLY after contributing and getting a custom beast sent to me.

Now, the only thing that doesn't work perfectly is HDMI audio, but in process to update to LION, through UniBeast, through xMove and HD partition for Lion Install, and consistently been led into brick walls.

I hope that tomorrow I can find a way to get things up and running because it's end of spring break, and back to books Monday.

Would someone please help lead me to get UniBeast to stop the :beachball: from hell.

Fresh clean working install sounds like a good choice if I must, I have read a post about beachball being solved but it includes putting a FakeSMC into a folder, but yet I don't know where/ how to get it on the Unibeast USB drive to load.

PLEASE HELP, and BTW StrongFinger keep the faith- it does get better, but I feel as if I lost hair from pulling it out in frustration ;)

I've already written down the steps. Just make the Unibeast USB installer, and install Multibeast with my settings. Keep in mind I don't use dedicated graphics, so You should install other Multibeast parts for the Ati 6670.
After this you should install the latest FakeSMC, and you should be good than.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back