Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
well it's almost there. i have been researching the remaining few issues with this system, getting them done, one by one. after numerous trial & error multibeast attempts, i need help with the last three.

Intel i3 2105 3.11GHz Sandy Bridge w/ HD3000
Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 (F9)
http://ca.gigabyte.com/products/product ... 55&dl=1#sp
12 Gig Kingston HyperX (3x4Gig)
24" samsung LCD screen using onboard DVI connection

disclaimer:
i have been reading similar threads about these issues, which are not unique. i have tried many of the suggestions with no luck. i'm missing something, obviously.

issue 1/3: audio driver stuck with ALC885, which i first installed by accident. system is using ALC889.
i now see audio working (through levels) but no sound through hardware (two sets of speakers, headphones also tried)
attempts made:
a) installed correct DSDT + system utilities + proper ALC 889 audio driver, reboot
b) tried apple rollover driver, reboot
c) manually deleted audio extension, then repeated a), reboot

issue 2/3: cannot log in to app store due to network card validation
this one really stumps me

issue 3/3: resolution stuck at 1024x768
this issue using onboard HD3000 is on many threads but none that i found were helpful to me.

at the least, pointing me into the right direction would be much appreciated.

thanks in advance!

p.s. i have no signature file of a successful build as this build is my first.

Attachments

• smbios.jpg
    smbios.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 258
  • chameleon.jpg
    chameleon.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 275
  • extensions.jpg
    extensions.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 249
Re: almost there... i3 2105 HD3000, Gigabyte Z68MA-D2H-B3

done as instructed. sadly, nothing has changed.

i cannot get any sound whether using Soundflower (2ch) or Soundflower (16ch) in the sound panel of system preferences.

about this mac, audio section still lists Audio ID as 885

thanks,
strongfinger

strongfinger_tech said:
done as instructed. sadly, nothing has changed.

i cannot get any sound whether using Soundflower (2ch) or Soundflower (16ch) in the sound panel of system preferences.

about this mac, audio section still lists Audio ID as 885

thanks,
strongfinger

Soundflower? o_O

I've almost the same config as you.
First you should manually remove all unneeded kexts, and then add the correct ones through multibeast. Top of that, you should add fakesmc 4.2 manually. It helps in some cases.

Here are my smbios and chameleon settings:
smbios.png

chameleon.png

On the System Preferences - Sound - Output panel should look like this:
audioout.png

If You have any more questions feel free to ask. ;)

PS: Non of thoose kexts needed or they not in the right place, which are shown up in your first post.

yeah, i think i made that same face as your emoticon when i saw the soundflower thing. i would post a screen capture of what it looks like but both screen capture features are not working on this hackintosh. i'm having an awesome week.

i'll try your suggestions.

thanks,
strongfinger

strongfinger_tech said:
yeah, i think i made that same face as your emoticon when i saw the soundflower thing. i would post a screen capture of what it looks like but both screen capture features are not working on this hackintosh. i'm having an awesome week.

i'll try your suggestions.

thanks,
strongfinger

I would suggest to start it over from scratch, and then install with theese settings:
multibeast1.png

multibeast2.png

I can guarantee theese settings will work. After it you can update fakeSMC to 4.2, or use the beta DSDT, but theese won't make such an impact.

i'm getting kernel panics all over the place, even with the help of iBoot. in verbose mode, i even see it saying 'double panic'. when it blows up, it blows up good.

i'll try these settings before a complete wipe. i've already wiped the machine a few times to fix other issues. these issues now work, so you can see my reluctance.

thanks for the screen captures (jealous!). i'll give it a shot.

strongfinger

strongfinger_tech said:
i'm getting kernel panics all over the place, even with the help of iBoot. in verbose mode, i even see it saying 'double panic'. when it blows up, it blows up good.

i'll try these settings before a complete wipe. i've already wiped the machine a few times to fix other issues. these issues now work, so you can see my reluctance.

thanks for the screen captures (jealous!). i'll give it a shot.

strongfinger

Why you use iBoot? Don't need that. Just make the bootable Lion stick with Unibeast. Install on a clean partition, and than install Multibeast (setting above) with 10.7.3 combo update. You should be fine after theese steps.

after i made the suggested changes, i got kernel panics and was not able to get back to the desktop, even by -x safemode switches. iBoot (selecting my hard drive with -v verbose switch) was the only way to get back in.

i will try to download lion from another mac, add it to a USB drive with unibeast and your suggestions.

i'll post the results here.

thanks,
strongfinger

well that's not going to work. i cannot get 10.7 Lion from my other mac as it is CoreDuo and the minimum requirements are Core2Duo. i will not buy another mac just to get this hackintosh working so i need to fix the app store on this 10.6.8

everything else can be fixed once Lion is installed with UniBeast, etc.

any suggestions?

i have internet access but app store 'cannot verify'.

thanks,
strongfinger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back