Contribute
Register

Facetime (Yosemite): Audio / Phone Call Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
has anyone figured out how to fix this? I am having the same problems

Fixed mine. I had the same issue and it was because I had soundflowerbed application installed. After running the uninstall script (just deleting the app doesn't work) and rebooting, I checked my sound settings in system preferences and reset them to the way I wanted them. Hopefully this helps.

Now I just have to figure out how I'm going to control the sound over hdmi (that's what I had used soundflowerbed for) :(

How did you determine it was that application?

I'm not running that application, and I don't use HDMI. But it makes me wonder if another app I have is causing the problem.

How did you determine it was that application?

I'm not running that application, and I don't use HDMI. But it makes me wonder if another app I have is causing the problem.

I had extra input and output options in my sound preferences so I guessed that they were causing issues. When I removed them cleanly (aka they were removed as choices in the sound preferences), things were fixed. I was left with just the options that came on a fresh install.

I actually fixed my problem simply by unplugging the usb and replugging it in. I am so used to having it plugged in all the time this never came to mind at first after installing Yosemite. Hope this fixes it for most!

I actually fixed my problem simply by unplugging the usb and replugging it in. I am so used to having it plugged in all the time this never came to mind at first after installing Yosemite. Hope this fixes it for most!

I'm having this problem as well unfortunately removing the USB connection and plugging it back in did not resolve the problem for me. I'm using a Scarlett 2i2 Audio Interface that is hooked up to a condenser microphone. The microphone works with core audio since i'm able to see the input levels fluctuate in the sound preferences and it works in Ableton Live 9 as well. However, when I use it with FaceTime nobody can hear me.

Does anyone else have any other suggestions?

-Thanks.
:beachball::O

I think this might be an actual issue with Yosemite and not just limited to hacks.

I tried this:

'sudo killall coreaudiod'

and afterwards the calls appeared to be working - not sure if this is something I will have to do every time FaceTime is reopened or the hack is restarted....

I think this might be an actual issue with Yosemite and not just limited to hacks.

I tried this:

'sudo killall coreaudiod'

and afterwards the calls appeared to be working - not sure if this is something I will have to do every time FaceTime is reopened or the hack is restarted....

This fixed my issue... note sure about the restarting but I can test if will work after restart/reboot...

having the same problem with the C525 logitech camera. ill try the sudo fix. hopefully it fixes it.

does anyone know if a generic mic plugged into the sound board of the motherboard would work?

i fixed well a least my problem this is how , maybe it might work for you too. i plug my camera went to utilities , audio midi setup , look for your camera and change format from 16,000 to 32,000 and now no more chipmunks i have called 5 different person and no problem in and out perfect crystal clear audio i hope this help good luck

Thanks so much for this. Worked like a charm!:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back