Contribute
Register

Facetime (Yosemite): Audio / Phone Call Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
This works for me, but I have to reset it before every call that comes in (which is tough, because I'm not psychic).

Same problem, though. No mic, even though my mic is selected as default in both facetime AND the control panels.

Same here. have to reset before placing or receiving a call after a reboot

I've been facing the same problem with c920 running Yosemite.
Everytime I restart I have to manually reset audio midi input from 16000 to 32000 to get rid of the chipmunks.
But Yosemite won't keep the new settings.
By the way, I have a c615 that works fine on Yosemite.
I wish someone had a fix for this, it's very annoying.

DO NOT quote me on this, but my theory as to why this is happening is that maybe Apple has only permitted their proprietary microphone to use Facetime Audio input in Yosemite? My Earpods work. My other headphones with a mic do NOT. :( weird.

Thanks for the Chipmunk help!

For those not having a working microphone .. it is in FaceTime under Video on the menubar

WoW, thanks a lot! I tried everything:banghead: .... MIDI settings, SUDO, usb unplug.... etc.... missed that.
Working like a charm! :headbang::thumbup:

Thanks! That did the trick for me on a Creative VF0790.

i fixed well a least my problem this is how , maybe it might work for you too. i plug my camera went to utilities , audio midi setup , look for your camera and change format from 16,000 to 32,000 and now no more chipmunks i have called 5 different person and no problem in and out perfect crystal clear audio i hope this help good luck

Worked for me :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back