Gigabyte Z490 Vision G
CPU
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
  3. MacBook Air
Facetime opens, has me sign in and has me choose my email address, and then goes back to the login screen. What am I missing? Do I need to check a box somewhere or is it my camera?

Facetime opens, has me sign in and has me choose my email address, and then goes back to the login screen. What am I missing? Do I need to check a box somewhere or is it my camera?
Try changing your password for your apple id, through I forgot my password, It should work!

I have the same issue as well. It tells me to choose telephone number and email , both are checked i click next and im back to login screen

I think that is something wrong with chameleon.
I have the same issue but when i boot with my unibeast drive facetime works just fine.
I tried reinstalling chameleon (with PBI and standalone) but no luck.
Any ideas?
Has anybody else tried booting with unibeast to see if facetime works this way?

I think that is something wrong with chameleon.
I have the same issue but when i boot with my unibeast drive facetime works just fine.
I tried reinstalling chameleon (with PBI and standalone) but no luck.
Any ideas?
Has anybody else tried booting with unibeast to see if facetime works this way?

What hardware do you have?

Please provide complete details in your profile.

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Profile updated

Profile updated

I assume chipset is HM76. Screen resolution is missing.

There is a lot different between booting using USB and your final install on HDD. Different smbios, patched DSDT, and various kext rollbacks from USB /Extra/Extensions.

I have probook 4540s which you can from my profile and used pbi to install patched dsdt, kexts etc and facetime won't work for me

update: i have read somewhere that facetime only works on one device . So i will turn off facetime from iphone and try again and post results later

One other possible solution is to go to your system preferences → network → make sure WI-FI selected → advanced → DNS tab. Add 8.8.8.8 to the DNS servers. Go back to FaceTime and try to verify your account again

As i said earlier facetime wasn't working (same problem as prabs99) using chameleon installed through PBI but it worked if i booted with my unibeast drive.
So (due to other problems with brightness control) I had to do a fresh install to my 6470b BUT instead of installing chameleon through PBI I did a standalone installation of Chameleon 2.2 svn r2377.

Facetime now works flawlessly without having to reset my password (which it didn't work for me anyway as every other trick i've read and tried regarding facetime)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back