Contribute
Register

Facetime Issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have and guess what ? It works with the unibeast drive. There is clearly sonething wrong with the chaneleon bootloader from pbi. It may also be the cause of my random freezing on boot with mac while dual booting with win 8
Don't think this is a Chameleon bootloader issue as I am using Clover and have the same issue.

I fixed it finally, but it wasn't anything related to the installation. I read somewhere that sometimes adding a credit card to my account resolves facetime. I added a credit card to my account in the appstore and facetime worked. Weird issue. Hope this fix works for others.

Don't think this is a Chameleon bootloader issue as I am using Clover and have the same issue.
Does it works with unibeast usb?

Yes
Same flags, same settings, and the same options in PBI, as before.
Have you tried to boot your HD from your unibeast drive as i asked you before?

Ok I will try it as well . Can someone please post me the default options/settings of chameleon pbi ?

Ok I will try it as well . Can someone please post me the default options/settings of chameleon pbi ?

Are you install Chameleon with PBI, I'm pretty sure the Chameleon Package installer will show you the items installed.

I having the same issue as OP (Facetime opens, has me sign in and shows me my email addresses, I click next, and then goes back to the login screen).

All has been running fine for months. Never used Facetime before but a family member wanted to call me and I only just discovered the issue.

I am running Acer 4830T booting 10.9.2 by Chameleon 2.2svn (svn-r2377). Spec is Intel Core i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz with 4GB memory.

I changed my password for AppleID but made no change.

SMBIOS.plist was generated by Chameleon Wizard with random serial number.
There's an NVRAM.uuid.plist file in /Extra and I used the uuid part of that filename and created a SMsystemuuid key in SMBIOS.plist but that made no difference.

Any other suggestions ?

I having the same issue as OP (Facetime opens, has me sign in and shows me my email addresses, I click next, and then goes back to the login screen).

All has been running fine for months. Never used Facetime before but a family member wanted to call me and I only just discovered the issue.

I am running Acer 4830T booting 10.9.2 by Chameleon 2.2svn (svn-r2377). Spec is Intel Core i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz with 4GB memory.

I changed my password for AppleID but made no change.

SMBIOS.plist was generated by Chameleon Wizard with random serial number.
There's an NVRAM.uuid.plist file in /Extra and I used the uuid part of that filename and created a SMsystemuuid key in SMBIOS.plist but that made no difference.

Any other suggestions ?

This forum is only for HP ProBooks/EliteBooks.

You might look at this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html

It is focused on iMessage but perhaps the issues/solutions are similar.

This forum is only for HP ProBooks/EliteBooks.

You might look at this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110471-how-fix-imessage.html

It is focused on iMessage but perhaps the issues/solutions are similar.
Thx. I went to that link first and tried the things suggested there but no joy. Using search, I found this thread which has the same issue as mine (except the h/w)

UPDATE:
Fixed it by deleting FileNVRAM.dylib from /Extra/modules and deleting /Extra/nvramxxxxx.plist.

Any other reasons for keeping FileNVRAM.dylib ?

Now Facetime signs in perfectly and can make video calls.

So, I tried iMessage (again never used before). but that failed with authentication failure.
Not perfect so will carry on the quest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back