Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
After having my PC catastrophically fail on me (CPU died), and the mobo and ram being aged to the point where they are not worth starting again with I'm left without a PC of my own.
I'm interested in building a hackintosh as simply as possible for myself but I have very limited funds.
I already have a WD 1TB hard drive that I was planning to upgrade the PC with, and also mouse, keyboard and monitor.
What is the cheapest and simplest way I could build up a Hackintosh that could run Maverick?
For cheap solutions I've read about the G1610 as a processor with GT 610? Would that be workable? If this couldn't run Maverick, what could it run?
What's the best value motherboard I could use? I've read about the Gigabyte H87N-WIFI but I don't really need USB3.0, although HDMI out would be useful. I don't need WiFi or Bluetooth either, just Ethernet. Is there another option that's as painless to use for less?

Thanks in advance for any help! And apologies if I sound like a n00b but I pretty much am and would really appreciate any guidance!
Cheers, Matt

What is the cheapest and simplest way I could build up a Hackintosh that could run Maverick?
For cheap solutions I've read about the G1610 as a processor with GT 610? Would that be workable? If this couldn't run Maverick, what could it run?
What's the best value motherboard I could use? I've read about the Gigabyte H87N-WIFI but I don't really need USB3.0, although HDMI out would be useful. I don't need WiFi or Bluetooth either, just Ethernet. Is there another option that's as painless to use for less?

Thanks in advance for any help! And apologies if I sound like a n00b but I pretty much am and would really appreciate any guidance!
Cheers, Matt

Also see the uppermost sticky at the top of Buying Advice. "how low can you go"

After having my PC catastrophically fail on me (CPU died), and the mobo and ram being aged to the point where they are not worth starting again with I'm left without a PC of my own.
I'm interested in building a hackintosh as simply as possible for myself but I have very limited funds.
I already have a WD 1TB hard drive that I was planning to upgrade the PC with, and also mouse, keyboard and monitor.

Cheers, Matt

Matt, if you live in the US near a Microcenter store, check out this post:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/deals-day...ree-gigabyte-h81m-motherboard.html#post760836

I just built the ( How Low Can You Go) i3 haswell and it works great.I used the H81M-HD3 gigabyte (lga1150) motherboard which was $68,I went with a cheaper ram option for the time being GeIL EVO VELOCE 2gb for $25 just so I could get the os installed,got the $140 i3 from newegg and lucked out on a brand new power supply for $30 the cx430.You can get a really good deal on a case or you may already have one I used the powermac g5.I also had every other thing that you say that you have so all the listed parts are $238 which isn't bad for an i3 running mavericks you may need some other installation tools such as 8gb usb flash drive and still gotta get 10.9 mavericks but its a great deal especially if your on a budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back