Contribute
Register

EXPERIMENTAL ATI 5770 GraphicsEnabler=Yes: Guide!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: How about Apple Computer version of the ATI 5770???

splat_matt said:
OK building my first Hackintosh - I already had the Apple Cinema Display (ACD) 24" LED LCD (mini displayport)so I am trying to build around that.

Components:

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R (FB) rev 2.0

RAM: DDR3 OCZ Gold 4GB only installed

Video: APPLE's Branded ATI Radeon 5770 (I got this thinking it would be easier and it has 2 mini displayports and 1 DVI)

CPU: i7 930 Bloomfield

So using the iboot for ati 5xxx works to install OSX with my ACD. However using the steps above dont seem to work with my card how would my settings differ? Do I simply use a different frame buffer name? Essentially if I perform the tutorial my system panics on reboot and cannot safe boot

GPU-Z reports:
Device ID is 1002-68B8 so does that mean in the steps above mine is the 0x68B81002
(and I don't need to add the profile for the lower case "b')?

Subvendor is Apple Computer (106B)

GPU: Juniper

Bios version says: 012.020.000.033.037910

Please any help is appreciated!

Hey Matt, I can confirm that the Apple 5770 Card is fully functional with the Hoolock framebuffer. Try booting in safemode with GraphicsEnabler=No, that should hopefully allow you to get into osx and change the framebuffer.

The Taxman said:
Hey Matt, I can confirm that the Apple 5770 Card is fully functional with the Hoolock framebuffer. Try booting in safemode with GraphicsEnabler=No, that should hopefully allow you to get into osx and change the framebuffer.

The card set to Uakari or Vervet would work via DVI to VGA on but if I had it connected to my ACD the displayports would work up until the apple logo and spinner. At that moment the ACD would turn off and the card no longer would have video being outputted.

I just got the 5770 batmobile card last night and was going to sell my ACD and buy the Dell 27" IPS monitor today and return the Apple 5770 card (hopefully with out re-stocking fees).

My point is this if I change the framebuffer to "hoolock" will the problem described above or is that an apple ACD monitor and/or card issue being that they are branded Apple products not meant to be flexible outside of the Apple eco-system?

Thanks,

"Splat" Matt

I've got the appropriate boot file which is configured to use the Hoolock Framebuffer. If you want it, PM me and I'll send it to an email address for you.

J

splat_matt said:
[quote="The Taxman":224bym6y]

The card set to Uakari or Vervet would work via DVI to VGA on but if I had it connected to my ACD the displayports would work up until the apple logo and spinner. At that moment the ACD would turn off and the card no longer would have video being outputted.

I just got the 5770 batmobile card last night and was going to sell my ACD and buy the Dell 27" IPS monitor today and return the Apple 5770 card (hopefully with out re-stocking fees).

My point is this if I change the framebuffer to "hoolock" will the problem described above or is that an apple ACD monitor and/or card issue being that they are branded Apple products not meant to be flexible outside of the Apple eco-system?

Thanks,

"Splat" Matt[/quote:224bym6y]

On my system, the Mini Displayports work as well as the DVI so give hoolock a try before you flog your card back to Apple.

The Taxman said:
On my system, the Mini Displayports work as well as the DVI so give hoolock a try before you flog your card back to Apple.

Meh, I'm selling the ACD and returning the card - tried it an then mac os won't boot.

I'm going to use the batmobile card 5770 and a dell 27" IPS

What monitor(s) are you using, Taxman?

splat_matt said:
[quote="The Taxman":1qywelas]

Meh, I'm selling the ACD and returning the card - tried it an then mac os won't boot.

I'm going to use the batmobile card 5770 and a dell 27" IPS

What monitor(s) are you using, Taxman?[/quote:1qywelas]

At the moment I'm using my trusty 19" LG CRT monitor, but I've also tried it on a 24" LED Cinema Display at work. If it helps at all, Snow Leopard is only 32bit using ATY_init modified to hoolock. Ideally I want to go for 64bit but I think I'll wait for Chameleon to be updated with proper support before I try it.

Got everything working! Thanks for the help!

Any other confirmations on ati 5870?

I will be getting all my parts tomorrow and starting my install.
my main concern is the xfx5870 ref model running in 64bit kernal mode.
I might just throw my xfx5870 in my other pc and run the GPU-Z prgm will this work?
If not i do have another drive i can do a fresh install of windows 7 on if needed.
Can this EXPERMENTAL ATI 5770 Guide be done if i already have install done with iBoot-ATI-5xxx-3.iso (basically skip some steps or jump in at a certain part of EXPERMENTAL ATI 5770 guide?
Thanks guys really appreciated-Joey

Has anyone tried this method on a 5850 card :?:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back