Contribute
Register

EVGA P55 SLI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey fellas, I have the same motherboard as some of the folks in this thread. I have to admit I don't know much about MAC systems or even what a dsdt is. I'm trying to install Snow Leopard on my PC but keep getting error messages like:

4 potential args on stack iboot
ACPI errors

Is there anything I need to be aware of during the install process regarding the EVGA P55 SLI motherboard? ANy special Bios Settings?

I also have similar error 'AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement timed out', my motherboard is Evga P55 LE version. I can't install it. All i see if gray Apple screen with spinning wheel then kernel panic kicks in. Not sure if my BIOS settings are wrong. Can anyone help? Thanks

Success! It turned out that my Geforce GTS450 couldn't run with SL 10.6.0 install disc so I put in the 9800GT. After I got it installed, I used 10.6.5 combo update and installed latest nvidia driver then swapped back the GTS450 back in. It works like charm.

The only issue is onboard network. I gave up and bought Trendnet TEG-PCITXR. However, in order for SL to recognize it, I had to apply the DSDT file with Multibeast.

Interesting, I have gts 450 also. So all u did was change video card, iboot, and then retail DVD?

Yes, I assume any older/compatible card would work

pixo said:
Success! It turned out that my Geforce GTS450 couldn't run with SL 10.6.0 install disc so I put in the 9800GT. After I got it installed, I used 10.6.5 combo update and installed latest nvidia driver then swapped back the GTS450 back in. It works like charm.

The only issue is onboard network. I gave up and bought Trendnet TEG-PCITXR. However, in order for SL to recognize it, I had to apply the DSDT file with Multibeast.

DId u run any commands b4 booting install disk? busratio=? etc?

yankeesNYC said:

While this thread is specific to the P55 SLI (655), I'll chime in regarding the P55 FTW (657) since that's what I use with great success.

I didn't have to do any of this for my P55 FTW. But my 580 by itself wouldn't boot.

I initially had to install SL to the drive I was going to use via USB dock to my MacBook. Then I ran MultiBeast and installed everything and shutdown. I then installed the drive in my rig and it booted right up, albeit in safe mode because GeForce.kext KPs with a 5xx fermi card.

You can boot into safe mode with a 5xx card though and/or remove the GeForce.kext and work without it though you're pretty limited without it besides basics graphics support.

I also uploaded my unedited P55 FTW DSDT in the non-gigabyte DSDT section as well as my edited one which has some system specific info for me but it might also work for you too.

mwparrish said:
yankeesNYC said:

While this thread is specific to the P55 SLI (655), I'll chime in regarding the P55 FTW (657) since that's what I use with great success.

I didn't have to do any of this for my P55 FTW. But my 580 by itself wouldn't boot.

I initially had to install SL to the drive I was going to use via USB dock to my MacBook. Then I ran MultiBeast and installed everything and shutdown. I then installed the drive in my rig and it booted right up, albeit in safe mode because GeForce.kext KPs with a 5xx fermi card.

You can boot into safe mode with a 5xx card though and/or remove the GeForce.kext and work without it though you're pretty limited without it besides basics graphics support.

I also uploaded my unedited P55 FTW DSDT in the non-gigabyte DSDT section as well as my edited one which has some system specific info for me but it might also work for you too.

Thanks for the input, however I do not have external driver or mac computer. :( I kinda got further along in this process using nawcom.iso + retail DVD. but keyboard and mouse do not work on the language screen :(

Here is the dsdt from my system.

I'm not sure what I have to do to modify it. I'm currently trying to figure that part out.

Also,
evga p55 sli micro
core-i5 750
8gb ddr3
nvidia gtx 260

If anyone has any input on this, I'd love to hear it. In the mean time, I'll be trying to figure out what needs to be done.

Attachments

• DSDT.dsl
    205.2 KB · Views: 120
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back