Contribute
Register

EVGA P55 SLI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I have the same motherboard and I got Snow Leopard working using iBoot + MultiBeast method, but so far no audio or ethernet. Did any of you manage to get everything working? And is there a DSDT patch available for this motherboard? (It wasn't listed in the database on this site, it seems like only GIGABYTE models are supported.)

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Audio now working (used the ALC889 from Multibeast)! I've given up on ethernet sadly and just bought one on eBay (still waiting for it to arrive).

Everything working now - bought a Trendnet TEG-PCITXR ethernet card for $10 on eBay and everything is all good! I'd like to post a video soon, but I need to get a good camera first. Thanks to tonymacx86 and good luck guys!

I have that same board, I can't seem to get it to boot iBoot though. I think my BIOS settings may be wrong, but I don't think they are, could you or anyone with this board help me with this?

yes come back and show us some evga love

bios settings would be a good start.

im hanging at the beginning on SL install

please any one with dsdt please post it or give us some info to install it

Hi, I have the same configuration as you do, I installed and everything is good, I just cant boot in anything other than "safe-mode from boot"

Can you post a copy of your dsdt.aml or possibly give me advice on how you booted from the HDD itself apart from iboot.

thank you for any help you can give me!

I too have the same MoBo. Any help tweaking the BIOS settings for Snow Leo boot would be awesome. Anyone successfully enabled SLI in Snow Leo? Even if I have to use one card in Snow Leo that would be fine... As long as I don't have to physically remove it every time to boot in Snow Leo would be fine.

RD3AV5 said:
I too have the same MoBo. Any help tweaking the BIOS settings for Snow Leo boot would be awesome. Anyone successfully enabled SLI in Snow Leo? Even if I have to use one card in Snow Leo that would be fine... As long as I don't have to physically remove it every time to boot in Snow Leo would be fine.
There are reports of this working when using special DSDT edits.

MacMan, Thanks for the heads up. I have a fully functioning Hackintosh now, except it doesn't power down after I select "shut down". Another thing is that after using a custom DSDT, the ethernet doesn't work. Any good suggestions? Thanks in advance.

P.S. if anyone has a solution for it to recognize my 2 GTX 275's that would be awesome.

Attachments

• Extra.zip
    129.7 KB · Views: 50
Nope, no network kext here for the Ethernet on the EVGA MoBo's....... it's a Marvell Yukon kext you need, check in Windows under device manager to see the name of the exact Marvell model it is... I'm using a wifi USB card right now........ Wish I had a permanent fix.

I installed SL last night using iBoot + MultiBeast method, everything worked great except Ethernet adaptor. I also had to throw in an old wireless g pci card I had sitting around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back