Mac Pro 2008 - 8 Core
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi Guys,

So this is my first post on here and I'm going to be building my first computer this summer.
I am wanting to have a powerful, small and good looking hackintosh that will be able to handle some gaming in windows and most importantly beat my current 8 Core Mac Pro in video editing (fcpx currently but may move to premiere pro). I will be editing up to around 10 minute HD video a few times each week as well as running the usual apps etc. I basically want a quick machine that will be upgradeable in the future so thought I'd go with the list as follows:

· EVGA Hadron Air Case + PSU
· Gigabyte GA-H81N ITX Motherboard
· Intel i5 4460 Quad Core Processor
· Kingston RAM 1600Mhz – 8GB
· EVGA GTX 750ti SC – 2GB GDDR5
· KingFast 120GB mSATA SSD
· WD Caviar Blue 500GB HDD – 7200RPM
· niceeshop Bluetooth 4.0 LE Dongle
· Netgear 500mbps Powerline Adapter

I may end up going with no GPU to start with and then as funds allow buying the graphics card but I just wanted to see if any of you guys have any advice or thoughts on this build?

Oh yeah one other important thing is that it needs to drive and use the sound/webcam on my current 24" LED Cinema Display!

Many Thanks,
dwinnbrown

Hi Guys,

So this is my first post on here and I'm going to be building my first computer this summer.
I am wanting to have a powerful, small and good looking hackintosh that will be able to handle some gaming in windows and most importantly beat my current 8 Core Mac Pro in video editing (fcpx currently but may move to premiere pro). I will be editing up to around 10 minute HD video a few times each week as well as running the usual apps etc. I basically want a quick machine that will be upgradeable in the future so thought I'd go with the list as follows:

· EVGA Hadron Air Case + PSU
· Gigabyte GA-H81N ITX Motherboard
· Intel i5 4460 Quad Core Processor
· Kingston RAM 1600Mhz – 8GB
· EVGA GTX 750ti SC – 2GB GDDR5
· KingFast 120GB mSATA SSD
· WD Caviar Blue 500GB HDD – 7200RPM
· niceeshop Bluetooth 4.0 LE Dongle
· Netgear 500mbps Powerline Adapter

I may end up going with no GPU to start with and then as funds allow buying the graphics card but I just wanted to see if any of you guys have any advice or thoughts on this build?

Oh yeah one other important thing is that it needs to drive and use the sound/webcam on my current 24" LED Cinema Display!

Many Thanks,
dwinnbrown

This set of components should run OS X without any major issues. The 84W CPU will require a decent CPU cooler when you do any heavy work.

Without the details on your webcam I can not guess if it will work or not. I assume that it is USB2 interface and it may well work.

For a good experience loading OS X with your Maxwell GPU you will need to follow the process for installing the Nvidia web drivers... use the search function.

Good modding,
neil

Edit: Also I have no experience with the Netgear PowerLine adapter.

Thanks for your response. I was planning to just use the stock cooler for now but maybe I'll need an upgrade. In terms of the webcam it is build into the 24" Apple Cinema Display and connects along with the speakers through USB2. I will also install the nVidia web drivers to try and get some GPU acceleration. Would these drivers help use the card to speed up FCPX?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back