no
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,
I have been using the computer for the past couple of weeks and just recently, each time it boots up the gpu starts making a really loud noise ( I can hear it a few rooms down the hall). At first it sounded like the noise was coming from psu but upon further inspection it was the graphics card. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it again but gpu fan keeps spinning really fast and making the noise. I have checked all power cables and everything is properly connected.

A few minutes after booting up, the noise goes away but then comes back even when just browsing files. There have been a couple times when the computer restarts by itself when using Safari. I've checked the CPU and System temperature and they are very consistent at 29-32 degrees.

Anyone experiencing something similar? Any ideas of what could be happening?

This is my built - El Capitan 10.11.5
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5
Core i7-6700K
Corsair H60
EVGA GTX 950
Crucial Ballistix Sport LT (32GB)
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
Corsair RM 650 Watt

Same thing happens to mine, but only when first booting up on occasion. We're using web drivers which are technically beta so it's hard to say but likely something to do with the driver loading or a power management bug.

I was reading somewhere else about reinstalling the drivers from the nvidia external source so that is my next step. What really worries me is the sudden restarting of the computer.

Thanks for the quick response.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back