Gigabyte Z490 Vision G
CPU
i3-10100
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello All,

I've been having a hell of a time trying to get my hackintosh working again. My EP45-UD3P had a great run from 10.5 to 10.7.4. *Then my video card 8800gt died and then then the cpu q6600 died as well. *I replaced them with a EVGA GTX 570 and a QX9650 and had issues I thought with the apple and nvidia kext for the video card so I tried to install Mountain Lion 10.8 and migrated my apps only to find it works flawlessly after I force a shutdown after my system freezes. I get pinwheels that don't rotate and finder windows and some apps like safari only open half way and slow with a transparent opacity to them. This even happens at the 1st install screen from a usb installer, then I force shutdown and then I'm able to continue a fresh install. I've tried a different motherboard, ram and even a different PSU. All works well on windows 7 playing games like battlefield 3 on ultra 60fps. I've tried 3 different dsdts and a few i made with a windows dsdt autopatcher for my board. I've tried the smbios for 3.1, 12.2, 4.1 will a no go. My chameleon bootloader has npci=0x3000, pcirootuid=1, graphicsenabler=yes, machkernel. The only time i don't get a freeze is if I boot with flag -x, but my resolution drops to a default 1024 × 768 or something.

I'm ready to throw the towel, suggestions would be much appreciated.

Tony

EP45-UD3P V1.6 BIOS FFD
INTEL QUAD2CORE QX9650 3GHZ
8GB CORSAIR DOMINATOR RAM
EVGA GTX 570 1280MB MODEL: 012-P3-1571-KR
ANTEC 1000W PSU

Try booting with the PCIRootUID=0 command.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back