i5 3570
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4095 MB
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
Hi community!

I have an issue with my Ivy bridge machine that I am going to buy. The mac I am typing on now does not compute with Lion. So I will not be able to get the Lion or Mountain Lion for my Hackintosh. Another problem is that I live in a very rural area of Norway, in a bottom of a fjord and I do not know anyone around me that has an Mac. I would like to buy the OS from apple, but is there any other way than downloading it from t*****tsite? And if I download it, can I purchase the Lion after that I downloaded it?

And another small question: Is an internal and an external DVD-drive the same when it comes to booting?

All the best :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you using at least Snow Leopard? If so, you can install the Mac App store and get Lion or Mountain Lion that way. Otherwise, you can buy Lion on a USB drive, but that option is not available for Mountain Lion.

I tried that but the app-store refuse that option. He will not sell me something I can not use, it seems.

And it is not possible anymore it seems in Norway to buy os x lion-sticks...

I tried that but the app-store refuse that option. He will not sell me something I can not use, it seems.

And it is not possible anymore it seems in Norway to buy os x lion-sticks...

Fascinating! It doesn't seem to be available in the US, either. I saw a couple on Ebay, but they're well over $100 USD. I suppose it's because they're rare. I'm all out of ideas. :(

I guess I have to go in to town...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back